*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

4GB ram and an 8800GTX.... 'average'

:o

I'm sure it's just the debugging malarky they've got on at the moment in the Beta. If they're grinding machines or that spec to a halt then they're going to be making a lot of people angry as not many people in the real world have more than 1 or 2GB ram and not anything close to an 8800 level graphics card... let alone a Quad Core processor.

:grin: I wasn't refering to the 8800gtx as average more the machine in the post asking about performance :). What I did notice is that before I got my gtx280, I first upgraded my mob/cpu/ram. I used to have a amd3600x2 64, 4 gig ram and used my 8800gtx. This saw performance issues. When I used the 8800gtx with the q9450 and new ram, it ran like a dream. it seems the AMD was bottlenecking the gfx card.

So the Magus is the equivalent to a Necromancer? I may go Sorcerer then. Is their any differance between their spell damage type (ie Bright Mage Fire, Wizard Ice) etc or are do they all have the same type of spell's but with differant variations?

Think: necromancer where the pet cannot move once summoned.
The Sorc and BW vary around DoTs and DD spells I think. My friend plays Sorc full time and has tested out BW (we still might be going Order at release) so I'll ask him what he thinks.

:grin: I wasn't refering to the 8800gtx as average more the machine in the post asking about performance :). What I did notice is that before I got my gtx280, I first upgraded my mob/cpu/ram. I used to have a amd3600x2 64, 4 gig ram and used my 8800gtx. This saw performance issues. When I used the 8800gtx with the q9450 and new ram, it ran like a dream. it seems the AMD was bottlenecking the gfx card.

Ah cool, makes more sense now :)

I was hoping it was just the CPU that was doing that but wasn't sure.

My upgrade path for my mate sounds like it was a clever one then, single core AMD 64 (939) to a C2D and more ram... That means I don't have to say he's wasted his money when I meet him in the pub tonight :p

Traditionally in MMOs I really dont like the nuker classes, they just dont seem to gel with the way that I play, but I have to admit, I really really enjoyed the Sorceror. Sure at times it was like he was made of fragile glass, but I just really liked it, which considering I have 10 years of not liking casters in MMOs was pretty good :)

On the other hand, I really didnt like the Magus, and stopped testing him out pretty early on, dont think I reached 10 on him even. Do take that with a pinch of salt though, it wasnt that it was a rubbish class (well..I dont know, it might have been rubbish, as I barely reached 10 with him I can hardly say), it was really more that it really just didnt suit my playstyle.

Couldnt say about the Bright Wizard, as I only did destruction characters, but I do know that Bright Wizards drove me nuts in RvR with whacking great explosions all over the place.

I have to disagree with people who say there isn't much customization spec wise. The Mastery points make a huge different to the spells that fall in that like pretty quickly and most specs are usable in one form or another to suit a player personal style, I think it will be less prone to the cookie cutter syndrome that dogs other MMO's, but only time will tell.

After playing beta I can happily say I'm really REALLY looking forward to release.

I mean, look at this ruddy Keep !!

keep.png

bw1.png

.....yes my Bright Wizard is talking to his hand :P

Last edited:
I've been trying hard to avoid comparing the graphics to WoW, but as soon as I saw the above two shots the first thing I thought of was the Undercity.

Btw, I am aware it was Blizzard who ripped off Warhammer, not the other way round, before anyone says it :p

EDIT
Btw, can anyone talk about the mid-to-high end levels, specifically if they're complete and polished, or is it covered by the NDA... like AoC's was...

Last edited:
I've been trying hard to avoid comparing the graphics to WoW, but as soon as I saw the above two shots the first thing I thought of was the Undercity.

Honestly that thought never crossed my mind :p
But yea i kinda see what you mean. Btw whats the guild keep development like ? I take it you got to test that out too ?

Impressive trailer, yet again nothing like the real game.

WoW zerg yoyo combat all over again, with a mediocre combat system with novelties at best. RvR sounds great theory, but that's all it comes down to.

Giving this one a miss, yawn-feast.

Most public quests are awesome though, when there's anyone about.

Looks a lot like LOTROL. Also some of those icons i see in tombstone first pictures look exactally like wow... its the one with a black boney hand on a purple back ground.

Looks like it could be fun.

Ok a few questions...

Respeccing, can you do it is it cheap?

Whats leveling like does it go quickly or a bit of a grind, will 40 be the cap in the full game?

When do you get your mount, do you have enough cash to buy one when you get to the level?

Is there anything like wows addons?

WoW zerg yoyo combat all over again, with a mediocre combat system with novelties at best. RvR sounds great theory, but that's all it comes down to.

huh?

Move along then fella, nothing to see here ...

Ok a few questions...

Respeccing, can you do it is it cheap?

You can do it but it depends on when you respec as to the cost.

Whats leveling like does it go quickly or a bit of a grind, will 40 be the cap in the full game?

Levelling is a fair bit slower than other MMO's but rushing to cap isn't needed, you can take part in the WAR from level 1 taking ground and fighting over objectives and keeps. You can level by questing, grinding(ew), Public Quests and in RvR so there are a lot of options.

When do you get your mount, do you have enough cash to buy one when you get to the level?

You can have enough, I was short a little but but it is possible.

Is there anything like wows addons?

The UI is customizable but I aren't sure how much they open that up to people. Tbh U hope they don't all the add-ons in WoW sapped some of the fun out of things.

And every other game thats avaliable on the market has trailers that portrait the real game....... i think not :rolleyes:
Jes trailers and intro videos are there just to give a feel of awe towards the game not just oh this is the game you will be playing *insert some in game vids* now go play it.

As for the other comments meh wont bother commenting on

Yeah I didn't expect them to be used yet just wondered if they had mentioned they would be allowing them, I just liked having my UI mininal in wow with just the basics.

yeh I think they will have but it appears to be quite customisable anyway, from a screenshot I saw it looked like wow's bongo where you can move the boxes for cast, bags, roll etc.

As I say, WAR wont be for everyone, some people wont like it. Although on the above point, as I am sure you're aware Daoc initially was all about zerging, it was only after a while that people learned how to RvR properly (as opposed to PvP), I dont doubt too much that WAR will be the same as Daoc in that regard, zerging early on and then the more refined type of RvR that we all enjoyed so much in Daoc will begin to surface.

Back
Top Bottom