*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

I can't wait to try this game out, had it pre-ordered for ages! Have any of you tryed out a Witch Hunter yet? I really like the look of them and what i have read, but i wanted to know if it was actually any good as a class.

I can't wait to try this game out, had it pre-ordered for ages! Have any of you tryed out a Witch Hunter yet? I really like the look of them and what i have read, but i wanted to know if it was actually any good as a class.

From what I've seen, the issues with this class stem from the fact people treat them as pure MDPS where they should be played as skirmish MDPS class. Running head on into enemies won't see you lasting long. But playing tactically - flanking, taking out the clothies/healers etc is what it's all about.
There are some big changes happening to WH very soon, so their playstyle might change slightly.

Ah, lifted NDA!

I was in the Beta, so my impressions were...

Combat was sloooow. They fixed it at the lower levels, but I played it at 31 again, and it took too long to kill a mob as a DPS class. Needs to be a bit quicker, sitting there spamming all your abilities endlessly made things hard work.

Combat itself lacks any real feedback. You swing you weapon, you see a little red "tear" to signify a hit - but there isn't any response from the enemy, no movement. And in Melee, all the attacks look the same. I want lunges, dodging, weaving...no some static arm swinging. Something that makes combat feel more alive.

Oh, and there's too much overlap in the abilities. Most are just "Does 20 damage. Costs 10 stamina". "Does 30 damage, costs 15 stamina".

Lastly, not enough customisation, spec wise. You get to pick a speciality tree late on, but there's not a great deal of difference, especially when your used to WoW and the huge difference the trees make.

Other than that, which I feel most are easily fixed, I enjoyed my time in the Beta. I'm rolling a Chaos Zealot, I think, when the game arrives :)

Ah, lifted NDA!
Lastly, not enough customisation, spec wise. You get to pick a speciality tree late on, but there's not a great deal of difference, especially when your used to WoW and the huge difference the trees make.

At first I wasnt overly fond of the spec system either, but then the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Being designed for PvP, its much more sensible and easier to balance the classes with the spec system as it is at the moment, rather than wildly different spec effects as in WoW (where the design is heavily pve leaned). Much more sensible/easier to release in a reasonably balanced state and then add in changes, than to release with hugely different specs and try to balance them all on the fly.

Heres the full english version of the new trailer, very slow streaming although I am not sure if thats due to the filters here at work or not

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/flash/WAR_cinematic_08.html

yeh is very slow streaming. so i just let it load and went to make a sandwich.
took a bite and pressed play, didnt take any more bites but i must have very slowly chewed that 1 bite for 5 minutes most of the time with my mouth open.lol

that trailer makes it look awesome. screw the game, i want a warhammer movie!

Would someone be able to post a screenie of a male Dark Elf Sorcere please.

I've always been a fan of magical dps and the fact that they're only there for the war, lore wise( Will probably be killed in the droves again after) really wets my appatite to play one. :D

I have a pretty average/weak PC by todays standards. Athlon 4000+, GF7900. What sort of performance will I get - could I crank it up to max @ 1680x1050?

Btw, I saw some screenshots of the Tome of Knowledge, and it's the coolest thing ever. I can't link the thread because it's full of swearies :(

I have a pretty average/weak PC by todays standards. Athlon 4000+, GF7900. What sort of performance will I get - could I crank it up to max @ 1680x1050?

Btw, I saw some screenshots of the Tome of Knowledge, and it's the coolest thing ever. I can't link the thread because it's full of swearies :(

We can't be sure of final performance at the moment due to debugging software reducing game performance. But I'd be very much surprised if you could run at full whack at that spec with that resolution.
We currently have few graphical options, and the game is quite heavy on 'best quality' right now.

We can't be sure of final performance at the moment due to debugging software reducing game performance. But I'd be very much surprised if you could run at full whack at that spec with that resolution.
We currently have few graphical options, and the game is quite heavy on 'best quality' right now.

What spec are you running mate?

I've got a Q6600, 4GB ram, 8800GTX - hopefully you're not getting problems on something like that :p

My mates just upgraded from a 3700+, 1GB ram and 7800GT to an E7650, 2GB ram and 7800GT for this - so I'm more concerned about him running it okay.

I'm convincing him to buy a new graphics card next.

I'm pretty sure he games at 1280*1080.

Man I can't wait for this now, I was keeping my hype down before the NDA came out but it's sounding awesome :cool:

What spec are you running mate?

I've got a Q6600, 4GB ram, 8800GTX - hopefully you're not getting problems on something like that :p

My mates just upgraded from a 3700+, 1GB ram and 7800GT to an E7650, 2GB ram and 7800GT for this - so I'm more concerned about him running it okay.

I'm convincing him to buy a new graphics card next.

I'm pretty sure he games at 1280*1080.

Man I can't wait for this now, I was keeping my hype down before the NDA came out but it's sounding awesome :cool:

I dont have any issues (oc'ed q9450, 8 gig ram, GTX280) and even force 16 AA etc through the control panel and it's flawless, but i've seen it run on machines like AMD3600/4200 x2 64 with 4 gig ram and 8800gts and gtx and in large fights it slows down tremendously, also stuttering and freezes between zones etc. On my machine I get none of it, but it seems 'average' machines won't get the best of it how things stand.

What are peoples view's on the caster classes are their any major differences for Sorcerer's, Magus, Bright Wizard?

Differences between each other or compared to traditional caster classes?
Sorc and BW are similar as they're mirrors. They are the standard ranged DD classes. The Magus is more an engineer mirror. Ranged damage which is adequate but stationary summoned deamons (turrent for eng) - so they are more a defensive ranged caster.

Last edited:
4GB ram and an 8800GTX.... 'average'

:o

I'm sure it's just the debugging malarky they've got on at the moment in the Beta. If they're grinding machines or that spec to a halt then they're going to be making a lot of people angry as not many people in the real world have more than 1 or 2GB ram and not anything close to an 8800 level graphics card... let alone a Quad Core processor.

Differences between each other or compared to traditional caster classes?
Sorc and BW are similar as they're mirrors. They are the standard ranged DD classes. The Magus is more an engineer mirror. Ranged damage which is adequate but stationary summoned deamons (turrent for eng) - so they are more a defensive ranged caster.

So the Magus is the equivalent to a Necromancer? I may go Sorcerer then. Is their any differance between their spell damage type (ie Bright Mage Fire, Wizard Ice) etc or are do they all have the same type of spell's but with differant variations?

Back
Top Bottom