****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Bane of my life, SPG-15 is infuriating. Skipped over for now with orders and come back later to get them retrieved. Doubt I will ever get the Object 260 but at least some credits and free XP rewards help for us cheap F2P scrubs.

Had the T92 unlocked for some time but thinking there's no point moving from M53/55 as seems a better all rounder. Suppose just for some missions, would be helpful to have more HP to farm with all T10 battles.

Soldato
Bane of my life, SPG-15 is infuriating. Skipped over for now with orders and come back later to get them retrieved. Doubt I will ever get the Object 260 but at least some credits and free XP rewards help for us cheap F2P scrubs.

Had the T92 unlocked for some time but thinking there's no point moving from M53/55 as seems a better all rounder. Suppose just for some missions, would be helpful to have more HP to farm with all T10 battles.

I skipped the Object 260 SPG15 too. With the SPG changes now it's just an absolute nightmare to do so I barely even tried. I am so close to the Object 260, I should probably just try to finish it off. Any volunteers to help?:D

Soldato
Well my premium time has finished (bro bought me some loot boxes for xmas).

I'm gonna stop playing for a bit.... Got more T10s unlocked than I can afford so not really grinding anything at the moment. No lines I really want to follow either.

Thought about the Polish line but the mid tiers look rubbish and I don't want spend the free-XP on it.

So I'm going to play RDR2 for a bit.....

Soldato
Probably join you in Feb when mine runs out. In fact I still never played GTA 5!

I'm actually back to a PC from my ultrabook but no GPU at the moment so limited to what I can play. Plenty of other games to play once I have something to power my 1440p monitor.

Associate
Not even worth the free premium time for me so far. 26 battles, 8 victories. Whatever way this game can think of shafting me today it has managed to do it without fail. Tanks have started setting on fire again, shots disappearing, artillery focusing me as a bottom tier tank, teams just melting in two minutes. This game is really tiresome.

Soldato
I'm a pretty mediocre player, 48% wr so my 2 cents is probably not worth much. I stopped working and worrying about stats a long time ago. I'm bad, nothing is going to change that. But I definitely have better games in certain vehicles and certain lines. For example I'm rubbish in Russian heavies. But I'm average in Russian mediums. I sold all the lines I just failed at. I just play the vehicles I'm vaguely competitive in. It's just more enjoyable.

One of the reasons ( that I'm bad is a given) for my poor wr is grinding uncompetitive vehicles for way too long when I started playing .

Soldato
It would be a more fun game if they matched players on win rate. It's no fun playing against top players who are spending thousands a year on gold and other perks.

Soldato
The MM could be fixed very easily.

1) Pull 30 players together as is currently done. 4 SPGs, 8 HTs, 8 MTs, 4 TDs, 6 LTs
2) Sort by Tanks type, then by player rating.
3) Deal the teams out

That way you would not get those stupid games where one team has all the gold firing unicums and the other team has the newbs and the idiots.

I enjoy games where I feel I can make a diference.

But as OspreyO has said, try to forget the stats. it's hard I know !

Soldato
It would be a more fun game if they matched players on win rate. It's no fun playing against top players who are spending thousands a year on gold and other perks.

The best thing to do on loosing streak is to change server. It will change the pool of players you play with.

Also by writing "who are spending thousands a year on gold and other perks" means you are a new player.
Otherwise you wouldn't have written that, because spending money in game doesn't affect the outcome of the battle. There isn't absolutely not a single thing that does.

Except if you mean premium ammo, however for over 7 years can be bought by normal currency (silver) so there is no argument there.

However if you know how your battle outcome is affected by someone spending money please illuminate me.
As for perks, still cannot understand what you mean. No perks are bought by real money or gold, just XP from battles but thats something your crew gains also.

Soldato
They are all connected even if indirectly.

Overpowered premiums, and overpowered ammo is bought.
You can simply earn more silver using these.
consumables are expensive in silver, as are directives and camo.

You can see this when Quickybaby plays his main account he loads up on all this stuff, especially the expensive consumables.
On his free to play account. He hasn't the budget to run these. He admits himself its been torture to grind though though some lines as a free to play.
if its bad for him, and hes above average player, then it means its even worse for most players.
The only reason he started using less gold is he got slated in the past for spamming gold which he did.

However if you know how your battle outcome is affected by someone spending money please illuminate me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zv47Yw0Bh8

I just was in a game with my Obj430 every tier X than hit me was firing all gold, especially the auto loaders. Just pumping it all over the place.

But if you have the time and money then its your choice. Nothing wrong with that.
My point was only its not fun, to have a MM that puts mismatched player together the way its done. Its not fun.

Soldato
The best thing to do on loosing streak is to change server. It will change the pool of players you play with.....

A variation of that (less effective probably) is to change vehicle type, heavy tank to TD etc. It also MM you differently, probably does the same and change the pool of players.

Soldato
They are all connected even if indirectly.

Overpowered premiums, and overpowered ammo is bought.
You can simply earn more silver using these.
consumables are expensive in silver, as are directives and camo.

You can see this when Quickybaby plays his main account he loads up on all this stuff, especially the expensive consumables.
On his free to play account. He hasn't the budget to run these. He admits himself its been torture to grind though though some lines as a free to play.
if its bad for him, and hes above average player, then it means its even worse for most players.
The only reason he started using less gold is he got slated in the past for spamming gold which he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zv47Yw0Bh8

I just was in a game with my Obj430 every tier X than hit me was firing all gold, especially the auto loaders. Just pumping it all over the place.

But if you have the time and money then its your choice. Nothing wrong with that.
My point was only its not fun, to have a MM that puts mismatched player together the way its done. Its not fun.

Cammo is bought with silver (if you run out of the hundreds of free ones we get over time), modules bought with silver, premium tanks except maybe 703-II cannot see which one is overpowered over a normal tank.
Of course you can buy modules to give you 10% reloading time, 5% crew skill etc. However they aren't mandatory though and especially if you do not want to buy premium time/account you should be expecting slower progress.

You post video from 2015 when things have changes drastically since and especially about Panzer II J? Is this the base of your argument?

Do you know every month WG gives a premium tier 6 tank for free? You can do the missions and take it if making money is your issue. (by just participating to a battle you get it actually).
This month has 3 to choose between Tiger HT (Japan), T34-85M (MUST HAVE), Strv-M/42-57 (meh tank). Last month had the French Panther a superb tank on the hands of a good player. (exactly the same as the VK 3002M)

Stop talking about "spamming gold". For years premium rounds are bought with silver not gold only. This is something from 2011-2012 when you could use premium ammo with gold only. And something to know, since you are new, many of us played Clan Wars extensively back then, so we earned thousands of gold every month to have few sells of that ammo. But thats not the case here today nor for a very long time.

The whole issue is if you want to learn to play the game, adapt your game every time based on map and capabilities of your tank against the opponents roster. And most important, see on the minimap how the opponents are deployed, you might need to move around the map to gain the advantage.
example Is madness to go with the "heavies" or on their "side" if you have a 3001H in a tier 6 or tier 7 battle. You are 2 shots. You just need to adapt.

Finally advice from someone playing 9 years. Play arties. They will improve your ability to survive in the map with normal tanks if you know where they position, and what the arc of their shells is, depending the map. That because many new players believe SPGs fire from a satellite in orbit vertically.

Soldato
You asked for an example of gold effecting the outcome of a battle that's the funniest example I remember.

You'd have to spending vast amounts of time in the game to maintain the level of expenditure on gold and consumables in silver at the higher tiers. Even QB couldn't do it on his free to play account and he plays the game full time. There is a world of a difference playing stock tanks with even with a free items and if equipment playing with a 4+ skill crew and fully kitted out, with things like cola etc. Even if you have a stockpile from events like Xmas etc.

You might complete some of the missions but not the mission marathons. They are designed so most people complete 40-60% then pay for the difference in gold. Money. Personally I don't have time, but it's interesting to the stats of how to complete them when QB analysts the spend Vs time in his spreadsheets.

QB has done another on the current battle pass promotion. https://youtu.be/3L9nq5z42zQ This one is easier than usual as it's bias to high tiers and we've all a lot more free time at the moment.

It's all designed for you to spend gold, which you can buy. That's ok it's how the game survives. The only issue is how they do it is fun killer for a large part of the player base. It's why the player base has been shrinking for years.

I only have an arty to complete missions. Boring to play, and rarely has an impact on game outcome since they changed the game mechanics for them a few years back when they were OP.

Soldato
You don't get that many gold spammers or premiums a lower tiers, other than seal clubbers which would be stopped if the mm matched on skill and stats. But at tier 10 it's not unusual for 100% of the shots that hit your tank to be gold. Regardless of you have no armour. Especially auto loaders for obvious reasons.

I've a few premiums but they are not my best performing tanks but I stopped putting money into the game a few years back when they power creeped a lot of premiums. I only carry a few gold rounds maybe 10% often less.

It's more fun to do more with less and forget about stats..

Soldato
WG keep bringing me back with these free tanks. Pretty sure I'll go for the Swedish thing this month, wanted a "baby" Tiger for a while but in German flavour.

One upside of this free premium is that I can actually afford to play all these T10 tanks I have now!

Soldato
One upside of this free premium is that I can actually afford to play all these T10 tanks I have now!

Lol so true.

For me the kids are hogging computer all evening, so I'll at best only get an hour every other day. But I don't really need it, I'm not really grinding any line. I stopped at tier 9 and I don't think I play enough to play at tier 10. I break even at tier 9. I drop to 7 and 8 to make credits.

I abandoned the English medium line at T8. Wasn't enjoying it.

Soldato
Just finished the Centurion line last week and glad to see the back of it, zero intention of buying the T10.

Unlocked the **** Barn too and again zero intention of playing that as I can't afford T10, nevermind premium HESH games. Did get the Charioteer again though as pretty fun tank.

Back
Top Bottom