****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I considered the Charioteer maybe I'll try that. I don't play many TDs. I loved the hellcat but it was never competitive since they nerfed it. I dropped back to the T67 as credit earner. The free Super Hellcat is a bit meh. Never play it.

I picked up the e25 years ago and it's still a great credit earner. I also have the Skorp G again got that when it first came out as I felt I needed something with more pen when they did that whole power creep a few years back. But it's very situational as it can be seen from space. Its not a great earner for me, but it's great fun wrecking higher tier vehicles in it.

I mostly play my obj430. Most fun and works in every game for me. Great all rounder. Tiger 1 is another great all rounder. Idiot proof so perfect for me.

Soldato
You asked for an example of gold effecting the outcome of a battle that's the funniest example I remember.

You'd have to spending vast amounts of time in the game to maintain the level of expenditure on gold and consumables in silver at the higher tiers.

What expenditure on gold? Still you haven't answered the questions from my posts. Tell me how someone spending money in game, affects YOUR battle? You say there is a correlation but you do cannot answer the question. None. You haven't provided a single fact that if someone spends gold (aka real money) affects your battle. Instead you put dumb articles and irrelevant videos.

You parroting exactly the same with all those who aren't good players, don't want to get better and blame everyone else for their failures.

Spendings money to get premium tanks, or speeding up some tank grind or get missions who give different cammouflage than standard colours, doesn't affect at all your battle. None. Because the game is not a race to tier 10 but the actual battles.

Soldato
I considered the Charioteer maybe I'll try that. I don't play many TDs. I loved the hellcat but it was never competitive since they nerfed it. I dropped back to the T67 as credit earner. The free Super Hellcat is a bit meh. Never play it.

I picked up the e25 years ago and it's still a great credit earner. I also have the Skorp G again got that when it first came out as I felt I needed something with more pen when they did that whole power creep a few years back. But it's very situational as it can be seen from space. Its not a great earner for me, but it's great fun wrecking higher tier vehicles in it.

I mostly play my obj430. Most fun and works in every game for me. Great all rounder. Tiger 1 is another great all rounder. Idiot proof so perfect for me.

Charioteer and the Conway with the stock gun are 2 of the best TDs for their tier. The guns are very accurate with really high shell velocity. But nothing beats my favourite guns of the game the last 9 years, the German 128L55, 88L71 and 75L70.

Soldato
What expenditure on gold? Still you haven't answered the questions from my posts. ....

I linked to detailed analysis from far better players than me you've ignored it. Just as you've ignored the impact of gold in those videos. No gold no pen. End of.

My games are irrelevant thats just a strawman.

No point continuing this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Besides we were talking about how to play and keep the game fun. Gold spam is really a side issue you can avoid most of it by staying away from Tier 10. It's really only the "better players" who feel they need to use so much of it.

If they think it makes no difference why do they use so much of it. That's a rhetorical question. Why so sensitive about it. Also rhetorical.

Soldato

You might actually enjoy Charioteer then, pretty mobile with a hard hitting gun and nice HESH (non premium) rounds. Suppose it's similar to Skorpion G but I also have that and prefer the British counterpart.

I did also unlock Object 430U and it is a beast like T9 was but personally, STB-1 might just be my favourite T10 medium right now. Absolute ridgeline boss and gun is a great all rounder.

After absolute hell that was Pershing and rather meh Patton, have the M48A5 Patton and really liking that. If you haven't noticed a pattern I like tanks with gun depression :D

Centurion line is pretty meh and rather redundant with other alternatives with its glacial soft stats on the gun.

Long neglected the Chinese lines so on T8 light now and started the TD line. Used the metric tonne of blueprints to jump from IS-2 to WZ-111 1-4 and was hilarious playing with 175mm pen gun from T7 for a few games. Had a but of a bad start in that tank with the top gun and really wasn't doing well in it, which was a surprise as I bossed it in T-10 and they are very similar.

Once the premium time wears off, I basically can't afford to play all the T9 and T10 tanks (which is what I mostly have) so will just occasionally take out some premium tank for a ride.

Soldato
I tried T20 but I'd stopped grinding at that point and didn't really play it much. I have the T26E5 its main trick is armour but it was hard work when it's raining gold. In some games it was amazing but terrible in so many. Just more fun on the Russian meds. But I still play the jumbo occasionally. But I'll give the Charioteer a whirl. Cheers...

Soldato
I think the secret to enjoying the game is to play tanks you enjoy.

For me that's:
T67 just love it. If you understand camo and view range it's awesome.
Pz1c a real hoon tank can't not have fun.
Ebr105 same as pz1c reminds me of the original T50-2
Just unlocked the T95 enjoying the whole press W thing

Soldato
Well - quite a night.

Played really well over 18 games:
WTR: 6453 (god like for me)
Avg damage: 2421 (mostly T8/9)
Avg xp: 792

And just 7 wins - XP 792 and just 7 wins.

Worst loss was our bulldog vs enemy obj704 on fishermans bay. He caught the 704 in the open got behind him and then rammed him, took his own tracks off and the 704 just turned around and killed him. Looked up his stats - 23k games, win rate 42% no flipping wonder. I'd done 4k damage and 4 kills in that game, so frustrating.

Doom turtle had a bad night as well. 11 games 2 wins - sometimes your team just is a wonder in utter hopelessness.

lastly - what is it with terrible players asking for platoons all the time? Is it a bot thing?

Associate
Been playing a bit of the T-44 and Caernarvon of late, enjoying those tanks so looking forward to the tier 9 and 10 equivalents.

Soldato
The T44 is decent, but needs to be fully upgraded to get the best of it. I went from that to the Obj 430 and the 430 its a ton of fun to play.
The 430 is a great all rounder that can carry a game quite frequently. Its better than the T44 in that regard.
The main negative for both is dismal gun depression which can be very awkward.

Soldato
After many years playing this game I still think the game is slightly rigged.

I can be paying really well. But as soon as I have specific daily goal or mission.
The MM and game seems to give me terrible matchmaking, for 20 games in a row.
My Armour goes to butter and my crew go half blind. 15 super heavies can just appear beside me like the predator.

I rage uninstalled it last night I had enough of it, for about the 50th time. LOL.

Soldato
WOW

Just had a platoon of 3 IS-3As - each player with a less than 45% win rate and over 5k games. The clan name "BOTS_" kind of says it all!

Looked at the individual players. Some tanks they do well in, but each platoon member had 2 or 3 T8 premiums that have several 100 games and <45% w.r. It's just blatant - bots run T8 prems for credits whilst they play the tanks they enjoy.....

Mind you I can sympathise, it's hard to play T9/T10 FTP without losing credits, why not set a bot to spam your progetto/type59 etc etc

Back
Top Bottom