****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I really should. But I need to find a game I can stick with. WoT fits the brief for a quick 20 minutes session.

Games like Valhalla are great, but when you "finish" them I lose interest.

Any suggestions? Maybe I should try WoWs

Associate
I generally give the game 30 minutes to an hour on a Sunday afternoon now, I just can't bring myself to play it any more than that. In fact I've found myself sat in the garage scrolling through all the tanks and I'm just not interested in the main. Some of you might have seen my rage in clan chat last weekend, but I just feel that comes with the territory when you play this game now, I can't remember the last time I had a round where I thought "Yeah, this game can be alright sometimes". For me life is too draining and stressful during the week to commit to this game on any level. One thing I know for sure is I'll never put any money in to the game again.

I've always liked driving/racing games so those are what I personally play the most at the moment, no stress for me because there are no competitive idiots carrying on in chat or pinging a map and things are largely predictable instead of WoT RNG which feels more like it'll do its absolute best to screw you over all of the time rather than working with you occasionally. I did try WoWS a couple of years ago, but I'm not interested in ships/boats whereas I've always had some sort of interest in tanks, so it is difficult for me to be interested in it. I used to be an avid CS player, but I think a combination of not playing it for a couple of years and more than likely my reactions getting slower means I just not competitive like I used to be otherwise I'd go back to playing that. A lot of people would say that the CS community is toxic, but I've personally always thought that the WoT community was a lot worse.

When I eventually get around to upgrading my PC I think I'll leave WoT behind entirely and just play good single player action/adventure games and racing games. A 2500k, GTX 1070 and 8GB RAM doesn't cut it for running the latest games on decent graphics these days.

Soldato
Haven't played WOT now for about 5 years, I just got sick of everything, op tanks, gold ammo, whole teams collapsing in the first 5 mins etc...
Swapped over to WOWS, much slower pace but actually less grindy.
Still playing it now but WeeGee seem determined to ruin this game as well, Eg. CV rework, commander skills rework and submarines are coming soon.
Going to keep at it until I see just how badly they mess up the sub rollout

Soldato
I think only way to semi enjoy this game at this point would be platoons so you at least know there's a couple of semi competent players on the team.

That of course requires planning and defeats the "jump in for a couple of games as you like" nature of the game.

Soldato
I wanted the AMX50 Foch (155) Tier X but the Type 59 GOLD popped up first. I already have the Type 59 but I had to get it, it looks insane and stupid ;) I can imagine all the people who paid £100s for it last year going rather mad atm !

Soldato
Saw the Black Market thing so logged in for a laugh, very lacklustre offerings for me so just got the SU-76I, probably will never play it, but then again I hopefully will never play this game again :p

Here's what I rolled:

IS-6B (have the double barelled thing already for my Soviet heavy)
Chrysler K (have enough bonds for Patriot so don't need another American heavy)
AMX 13 57 GF (waste of a roll since I have non GF version)
Schwarzpanzer 58 (looks awfully average and I already have a choice of 3 German premium mediums)

Associate
Revisiting WOT after 2 years away, got sick of the gold spam. Game seems to favour medium tanks with some of them having ridiculously powerful guns, gold spam is still prevalent but I seem to be bouncing a lot more of it? The missions and campaigns seem to be quite profitable with lots of ways to pick up new tanks etc.

Soldato
Lots of rollover games these days were one side obliterates the other. Very rare to get a close game I find.
Also vision is all over the place, one game you can see everything next, nothing. A Maus can sneak up on you. Same with Armour one game it will bounce nothing, next nothing.
Maybe thats to do with equipment 2.0 no idea.

I also find the last daily mission, kill 4 tanks or 7 critical hits, hard to get. I think its because off all the rollover games. You either get stomped or the game is over so fast, you can't get to the action quick enough.

It easier to earn credits though.

Soldato
Tried this after probably 5-6 years maybe more away just to remind me what I had in my garage (play WoW quite heavily since I dropped WoT) and not sure whether the graphics and maps look better it seemed to look a bit dated??
Had to go through all the screens again as a lot was unfamiliar to see what was what. Did a few random battles and some of the familiar maps didnt recognise with the new graphics. Couldnt remember how to play this best but one thing was still evident if you know the best places to (I will say it but hate the word) camp on the maps then you can just stay there and pick off tanks. This has certainly not changed and looks like it has got worse than I remember. Race to the best positions from the beginning then just sit there for the rest of the game.
Probably why I like WoW more as you are constantly moving. Dont miss WoT in the slightest.

Soldato
Haven't played for about 4 months. Realised that I actually find T9/10 the most annoying, especially as a free to play account. You just cannot afford to spam gold and use premium consumables. Crew 2.0 may make a difference, but otherwise you end moving crews up to new tanks or having terrible crews in new tanks.

Generally just play the old favourites at around T6/7/8. Still get sad about what WG have done to one of my all time fave games. The gold ammo, pay-to-win, premium tanks, such a shame.

Haven't played WoW for years, maybe I should give that another go.....

Had a few T7s and a Cleveland which is now a T8? Need to understand more about armour overmatching and which ships have what thicknesses etc.

Soldato
Yeah I been playing an odd game here and there, just can't shake this addiction :o

As above, on a free to play account T9 and T10 gets very expensive so I tended to grind to T10 and just never play the tanks there despite having quite a collection by now. Only tanks I sometimes touch are T-100 LT and STB-1 as those seem to suit the meta the most, game is definitely getting faster and more brutal if you make a mistake with the abundance of auto/re/loaders and big alpha guns.

Been mostly playing my various T6 to T8 premiums and frankly, actually been mildly enjoying the game. At least there's no hell stock grind to contend with and know those tanks really well by now, not to mention being premiums they are better than regular tanks ;)

Have actually bothered to get the Swedish tanks and finding Leo pretty fun at the moment and only other tanks I touch from tech three are the Skoda T50 (just unlocked T10) and figured may as well finish grind to the Italian tree so at T9 now.

Heavy tanks are basically dead to me, only ones I touch are the pseudo medium ones since best armour in this game is not getting hit to begin with.

Soldato
Well I got given 10 days premium + 12 missions for an extra day of premium each.

So like a muppet, I dipped back in again.

Have to say, I'm enjoying the 50TP - turret armour is pretty solid and the big alpha is enough to let you control engagements. Spent no free-xp and am on course to unlock the 60TP after only about 75 games.

Played a few over lunch and had a really good session - especially pleased with my average XP :)

lih5FYH.jpg

Soldato
Why !!?

Frontline, the best mode in the game and they find a way to break it introducing tier IX tanks :(

Seriously, how incompetent can a company be!! they mess up WoWarships with tons of CC leaving the program and follow it up with this Frontlines mess.

Tier VIII v Tier VIII was actually fun.

Soldato
I know - I genuinely cannot understand how WG make these decisions. It really is as though they are willing to do anything just to sell more gold/premium/battlepass.

I've been playing for over 10 years now I created my account in July 2011. I have not paid them a penny since they introduced the defender and the chysler GF.

I'd love to see a thread on the official forums where players can sign up to promise to with hold ALL money from WG until they actually start to fix stuff.

But I don't think they would actually care - it's the new players they want - sell the same old premium tanks all over again.

The tanks I enjoy the most are all low tiers tech tree tanks - If I could sell my account for a decent figure I think I probably would.

Let someone else have the powercrept Type59, the nerfed Italian T8/T9/T10 mediums, the once meme-worthy T95 the list just goes on and on.

Frontline might just **** enough people off that something actually happens,

Associate
I haven't played it in a few months now. For a while I went back for a replay through RDR2, no toxic children, no expectations and just generally chilling out while gaming for a change. I've started playing another dead online game now - CS:S. I used to think CS was full of toxicity, but it feels chill in comparison to WoT and I still get a kill death ratio that gets me to the top of the scoreboard in no time despite being 14 years older now!

The only part of WoT I enjoyed in the end was playing arty and hoping for a big damage shot in the T9 US piece, but they've changed arty and from some streams I've watched its a nearly dead class in T8. They also appear to have introduced some Skodas which do 1000 damage in a few seconds tops which is a no from me, never been a fan of autoloaders/reloaders and how they can dish out big damage and naff off to safety for 40 seconds before they come back and do the same again and barely take damage in return. I know I've stated a couple of controversial things in this paragraph, but that's how it is for me. Then you've got all of the issues that have been present in the game for a fair while now and I just feel there's no point in playing currently.

I might return to the game (other than scrolling through the garage) one day, but it won't be any time soon.

Just played 4 or 5 games. Can't remember exactly how many and they bored the hell out of me.

Granted, I am a little rusty and it was tier 4 as I'm trying to unlock the "new" Polish medium line, but come on. I had 1 good game out of them (which we lost) 2 god awful games, which we lost and 1 very mediocre game we somehow won after I died (and quit). The field modifications also make it harder to be competitive than ever, Crew 2.0 is going to ruin it more and the longer this goes on, the closer I am to uninstalling. Really don't think I'll ever touch a WG product again once I do.

Back
Top Bottom