****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
It's a shame that they care so much more about new players (and their fresh wallets) than players that have been there since the beginning.

Get rid of gold spam, get rid of clown cars (or limit 1 per side), put arty back to the way it was and again limit to 1 per side.

Oh and stop introducing autoloader after autoloader - no wonder games are now lasting 4mins or less.

Soldato
At least I found a way to spend my gold with last two battle passes, got myself Char Futur 4 and just picked up AE Phase 1. Got the Pudel thing too while on 30% discount so finally training up a Polish crew, even if I still don't fancy any of the tanks.

Speaking of autoloaders, those new premium Czech things are clearly the new OP things to buy, hit hella hard with 460 alpha 2 shell gun.

Soldato
Well in another U turn from WG and beginning of a new era in game, we will now have T9 premium tanks that you can actually pay for rather than just reward vehicles.

Interestingly, it also looks like T9 premiums or at least this Swedish thing that's coming out on Friday will also be able to make bonds like T10 vehicles, although currently unknown at what rate.

Soldato
Get rid of gold spam, get rid of clown cars (or limit 1 per side), put arty back to the way it was and again limit to 1 per side.

Apart from the obvious monetary cashgrab side of it, it always made me laugh they went to so much trouble adding "realistic" penetration and armour values yet allowed for an item that basically gets round all that hard work with a single click making any strategy for using your armour useless unless you sidescrape but even gold can bypass some sidescrapers too

Soldato
I've decided that enough is enough. I'm not enjoying the game, it is simply no fun anymore.

It has gone from "World of Tanks" to "World of clown cars, no-weakspot-hull-down-OP-reward-tanks and pay-to-win"

So I'm out. No idea what I'm going to do with my account. It's over 10 years old and has lots of sought after tanks - E25, Type-59, Fv215(183)b, Progetto plus a heap of T10s.

This does mean that I will have to pass on the role of Clan Commander to someone - if anyone is interested, please PM me and we can talk.

If no-one wants to take over, that's fine, I know that there aren't that many active players here anymore. If that is the case, I will simply close the clan.

Soldato
I'm going to post a request for a new clan commander for 3 Fridays - tonight is the 1st.

If no-one has volunteered by The 4th Friday, I'm going to just close the clan.

20 games today, 6 wins. Team after team of idiots.

The 39k games 43% win rate player in a Obj 268 v4 who accused me of being an idiot. Just sums it up.
At least 4 games that if I had just fired gold all game we would have won.
The game with 2 clown cars per side (both I hit for 0 damage) on Campanovka in a heavy tank with 2 arty.

Wargaming have broken it past any reasonable expectation of repair.

RIP WoT

Soldato
Will I have to behave and swear less if I'm in charge? :p

Meta has certainly shifted a lot since HE changes, guess they did want to cripple artillery without taking it out of the game but that drastically reduced the number of players playing SPGs and as a result you now have hull down tanks dominating ridgelines mostly unopposed.

I have been playing more light tanks recently and noticing a difference in my assist damage without artillery.

Soldato
Ok 2nd of 3 calls for a new clan commander - PM me if interested. I would ask that it is somebody I recognise and someone with decent history on these forums.

Next Friday will be last call. Friday after will be the end!

Soldato
Ok 2nd of 3 calls for a new clan commander - PM me if interested. I would ask that it is somebody I recognise and someone with decent history on these forums.

Next Friday will be last call. Friday after will be the end!

Not sure about my long term future but seems a shame to close it down, never know, WG might put a skilled MM into the game and cripple cars like they did artillery ;)

If no one else takes it, I'll keep it on the ice.

Soldato
All hail Neoboy - Thanks for agreeing to take over.

I've left the clan after just about 10 years. It really saddens me that the game has become what it now is. Realised that it was just making me feel ever more angry and frustrated playing. That's not what gaming should do!

One bit I have enjoyed is the interaction with you guys, collective moaning in chat, all good stuff.

Soldato
I didn't even notice, wholeheartedly promise to use and abuse my powers in any way possible from this point :D

But yes, enjoyment factor is very low at this point as it stands and even more depressing when I thought about the statistics of the whole thing.

Now that I know the game relatively well, I seem to hover around 55-56% WR according to Wot Labs as a completely free to play player with almost no gold ammo and no fancy consumables. So even if I get to unicorn levels of say 65% then really, I'm just looking at winning one more game per ten which is hardly going to improve how I feel about the game.

I know it's not all about winning but in a game with no real community (that's toxic when it is showing its face) there really aren't many other ways to get enjoyment.

Soldato
I'm still dipping and out of this game. Still don't understand the toxic players.
I never took it seriously. Never realised there were stats for a long time. I'm a bad player. My stats will never recover, I never look at them.
We lose a game, I'm 2 from top. I do about 1.5k T8. Bottom 5 players do nothing. zero dmg, almost zero exp.
One of them of these 0 players gets on moaning about my stats? Usual abuse.

1) how did he get half decent stats by doing nothing in game.
2) how am I the problem?
3) why moan to me.
4) why do nothing if your stat padding, and/or a reroll/bought account

I don't get it. I got some amusement from winding him up. But then got bored with it.

Associate
Still no temptation to play the game at my end. I think I'm at the stage now where it is actually quite easy to forget it exists outside of watching a couple of my preferred Twitch streamers from time to time, but even they are getting fed up of the game despite making some money from it and often take breaks of 2+ weeks. Where I only play games on the weekend I know I used to look forward to being able to get a few hours of WoT in on a weekend, but that faded out early in the year. I've left the Wargaming Game Center installed and let it download updates for the game, but I typically close it after that.

Genuinely a bit of a shame after the hours I put in to the game and, facing facts, the money I put in to it on occasion.

Associate
Just gonna stick my nose in business that isn't necessarily mine real quick here; I like that the forum has a clan of it's own, but I'm just wondering - why not use the forum's logo for a clan logo, instead of the basic one wargaming gives everyone?

Anyone here that dabble in the stronghold game-mode?

Edit: Ah. I see the general sentiment here is that the game is toxic and degenerate. I'm glad we can agree. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The only time I can force myself to play is when 'Frontline' is enabled, shame it's not a permanent mode.

Must have played 23k matches solo, no clan, no friends (haha) and no chat enabled :D not to mention the dosh I've spent !

Back
Top Bottom