***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Soldato
Latest PTR build changed KM again to fixed 5 ppm cap -total- not per weapon.

On Live its not uncommon when DW'ing to get ~ 20 procs in 60 seconds, on first PTR build it was down to 10 .. and now down to 5.
also - Howling Blast now has a 5 sec CD (Up from 0 on PTR, down from 6 on live) and gargoil nerf..

DW's just lost approx ~ 1.5-2k DPS Easily from my experiences, unholy looses DPS too, blood gains some DPS..

With current gear, it should put all builds within ~ 5% of eachother hovering around the 4.5k mark or so

Soldato
Most I've done is like 5.5k on Patch but that's as 2H Unholy!

The only DW specific 'nerf' is the Killing Machine change which isn't gonna be that big a deal, it might even be a good thing as slower weapons as main hands will be more viable, according to people on PTR the change actually works out around the same as it works now when it comes to the amount of procs. DW DPS has gone up since the change but I can't remember if they had the build with Howling Blast on no cooldown.

Personally I don't see the Howling Blast cooldown much of an issue, it's rare in my rotation to have it on cooldown when I need to use it! It still gets -1s of the cooldown next patch which is a boost!

Gargoyle is overpowered, it's a 21 point talent that OWNS the 51 point talent in Blood, I don't think anybody deserves to moan about it really.

Not really 'nerfed to hell' TBH! Warriors are getting that OP Deep Wounds dot nerfed as well soon I think.

The thing it mostly effects though is DW , because Killing Machines nerf as well as gargoyle means it will be doing the same damage as regular 2H weapons more than likely. I suppose the idea is to make it more of a choice.

Bloods 51 point will be *far* better in the upcoming patch with the changes to Heart Strike.

The deep wound nerf is a bit silly simply because of prot warriors. They should either leave it until prot warriors can get something else in its place, or change the way the talent works so it isn't as strong for 2 hands but scales a little for 1 hands. Blizzard have admitted it will probably affect prot warriors threat, but rather than sort that first by changing a few prot talents they nerf a current talent.

THe rogue "HAT" builds are being "fixed" too, but rogues DPS is being boosted anyways. Currently HAT rogues are wrecking every spec. So far Rogues, Hunters and possibly mages/warlocks/shadow priests seem to be doing the most damage for all the reports I have seen.

Soldato
Ive never been able to pull off these numbers people claim with DW frost, admittidly i am specced for a tanking and my gear reflects that (iLevel 213/226) but when i don the dps gear (epic hero's, naxx10 etc) I can just about sustain 2.2k on the heroic dummy. My talent spec is 10/51/10 with mostly tanking talents taken, but even on the ptr trying out 0/32/39 i couldnt get the numbers people claim, even with worse gear than i have.

Permabanned
The thing it mostly effects though is DW , because Killing Machines nerf as well as gargoyle means it will be doing the same damage as regular 2H weapons more than likely. I suppose the idea is to make it more of a choice.

Bloods 51 point will be *far* better in the upcoming patch with the changes to Heart Strike.

Well on the PTR DW DPS has gone up despite the KM change, I don't think Howling Blast having no CD alone is making up for that. (unless HB now has the 5 sec CD back in on PTR, no idea on that one)

Blood will be better yeah but the 51 point ain't gonna be any better, iirc the only change is a reduced amount of runic power required to activate it, the rune weapon didn't get buffed or anything.

The Heart Strike change is nice but most bosses are single target and Blood, despite touted as being the best single target build originally still falls short to Unholy.

Will look forward to trying Blood again though, buying Corpse Dust is annoying!

i couldnt get the numbers people claim, even with worse gear than i have.

The max I got was 4.1k on the dummy

2dje1j7.jpg

But that was a shorter fight, did 4k dps on a fight lasting around 350k damage.

Oh yeah and that in that pic I was accidently in Frost Presence, plus Necrosis doesn't work on the dummy if it only has 1hp (doesn't cause Overkill) so I was losing 10% auto attack damage. :D

Bear in mind auto attack is around 30% of my overall damage, so that's a fairly hefty blow. :)

So far Rogues, Hunters and possibly mages/warlocks/shadow priests seem to be doing the most damage for all the reports I have seen.

Warriors and Mage seem to be the best but usually I'm within the top 3, for some reason I always dominate Kel'thuzad (until I accidently stay within 1cm of a fissure) :(

Starting Phase 1 on Kel'thuzad in Unholy Presence = DPS domination.

Rogues are dominating in our guild on some fights because of that stupid spec that's bugged or something, it's insane in the membrane. :o

The deep wound nerf is a bit silly simply because of prot warriors. They should either leave it until prot warriors can get something else in its place, or change the way the talent works so it isn't as strong for 2 hands but scales a little for 1 hands. Blizzard have admitted it will probably affect prot warriors threat, but rather than sort that first by changing a few prot talents they nerf a current talent.

It's not really a big deal though, it's not like any class is struggling with threat so I'm sure the deep wound nerf won't make any real difference to threat, maybe this would have been a problem before Devastate but it's **** easy to tank now.

On Live its not uncommon when DW'ing to get ~ 20 procs in 60 seconds, on first PTR build it was down to 10 .. and now down to 5.
also - Howling Blast now has a 5 sec CD (Up from 0 on PTR, down from 6 on live) and gargoil nerf..

20? Jesus christ I've not had anywhere near that amount in 60 seconds, I doubt I've even had 10, that's with 2 1.60 weapons and 1.20 speed or so with Icy Talons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone answer me this one:
I was under the impression that in the banks if i purchase a bag slot and then put a 6 slot bag in, that i could only use 6 item slots.
Ive just experimented, and ive managed to fill 27 item slots even though i only have 2x 6 slot bags.
Is that right?:confused:

I dont really want to lose all my loot as ive got some ace stuff that i cant use till im a higher level in there.

Soldato
Can someone answer me this one:
I was under the impression that in the banks if i purchase a bag slot and then put a 6 slot bag in, that i could only use 6 item slots.
Ive just experimented, and ive managed to fill 27 item slots even though i only have 2x 6 slot bags.
Is that right?:confused:

I dont really want to lose all my loot as ive got some ace stuff that i cant use till im a higher level in there.

Your bank has 20 item spaces before you buy any of the extra bag slots.

So if you've added two slots both the 6 slot bags then you should have 32 slots in total.

Soldato

The 51 point talent on Unholy is also having its rune power reduced (the cost).

As for the DPS for DW, it is being "looked at" and therefore nerfed. Blizzard have said that the changes they have made so far haven't reduced it enough, and so will go down further. So knows how much though.

Today I was hitting over 4K of DPS, with a mage, a paladin and a hunter about my level (sometimes in front, and sometimes below) me. A rogue was just a few hundred DPS behind, but then we are the best geared so far in the guild.

A bug happened to one of our mages though in naxx on instructor, (25 man) where he hit for a 400K (yes, 400,000) damage Pyroblast. It only happened once, but I checked through recount.... on several people. Rather amusing to say the least.

Remember, the threat we are doing at the moment as DPS is actually higher in the long run than tanks. Theory crafting shows that if a fight was to continue eventually the tanks would not be able to hold threat. We also (even according to Blizzard) scale more with threat than tanks do. Blizzard apparently have "taken back" what they said, and now won't make the change till they figure out what happens with arms.

I LOVE how they say one thing, and then a week later pretend they either didn't say it or pretend they meant something else. Either way, will be interesting.

Ulduar is going to be a fun instance I think - if only for the fact that we will have extra stress on healing and tanking. Currently though the bugs in Naxx especially are annoying, though we aren't lagging much (a few hundred MS) but people are being randomly DC'ed. It seems worse in certain areas than others - but that could be completely on chance.

Permabanned
The 51 point talent on Unholy is also having its rune power reduced (the cost).

As for the DPS for DW, it is being "looked at" and therefore nerfed. Blizzard have said that the changes they have made so far haven't reduced it enough, and so will go down further. So knows how much though.

Today I was hitting over 4K of DPS, with a mage, a paladin and a hunter about my level (sometimes in front, and sometimes below) me. A rogue was just a few hundred DPS behind, but then we are the best geared so far in the guild.

A bug happened to one of our mages though in naxx on instructor, (25 man) where he hit for a 400K (yes, 400,000) damage Pyroblast. It only happened once, but I checked through recount.... on several people. Rather amusing to say the least.

Remember, the threat we are doing at the moment as DPS is actually higher in the long run than tanks. Theory crafting shows that if a fight was to continue eventually the tanks would not be able to hold threat. We also (even according to Blizzard) scale more with threat than tanks do. Blizzard apparently have "taken back" what they said, and now won't make the change till they figure out what happens with arms.

I LOVE how they say one thing, and then a week later pretend they either didn't say it or pretend they meant something else. Either way, will be interesting.

Ulduar is going to be a fun instance I think - if only for the fact that we will have extra stress on healing and tanking. Currently though the bugs in Naxx especially are annoying, though we aren't lagging much (a few hundred MS) but people are being randomly DC'ed. It seems worse in certain areas than others - but that could be completely on chance.

Yeah I agree DW is gonna get brought down eventually, but I don't think next patch is gonna be the one that does it. :D

Still haven't been able to test DW DPS on a simple boss fight, trying Sartharion with 3 drakes and wiping so not getting a good indication. :(

I cause quite a lot of threat as DW too as my crits are high with Howling and KM, doesn't seem threatening though. :p

Looking forward to Ulduar too, bit tiresome doing the same stuff over and over right now. :|

Soldato
Margaret, Knives, do either of you know if your guild on whatever server you're on would be after a DK? Looking to be dinging 80 this next week, and I'm not expecting to jump straight into Naxx or anything like that and take people's spaces, but would be nice to have some people from a similar "background", as the guildchat in my guild on Lightning's blade is practically zero, and the guild presence online even less than that! Looking to transfer my 80DK and 71 Hunter over sometime soon to anywhere that'll take them Horde side, MMO's in a dead guild are NO fun :(

Soldato

its not a bug, once raz is dead his understudies are vulnerable and take heavy damage. you can basically one shot them

After Instructor Razuvious dies these will take 1000% extra damage from players.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instructor_Razuvious#Death_Knight_Understudies_2

Permabanned
Margaret, Knives, do either of you know if your guild on whatever server you're on would be after a DK? Looking to be dinging 80 this next week, and I'm not expecting to jump straight into Naxx or anything like that and take people's spaces, but would be nice to have some people from a similar "background", as the guildchat in my guild on Lightning's blade is practically zero, and the guild presence online even less than that! Looking to transfer my 80DK and 71 Hunter over sometime soon to anywhere that'll take them Horde side, MMO's in a dead guild are NO fun :(

Nah I don't think we are looking at the moment, would have been about 3 days ago probably but now we have more active members. :(

Soldato
did my first wsg since starting wotlk, im lvl 75 rogue, came up against a lvl 76 dk with 19k hp, what u ment to do against that :( in the end i died and he was on about 17k life, im in 3/4 arena epics and some wotlk blues.

Soldato
did my first wsg since starting wotlk, im lvl 75 rogue, came up against a lvl 76 dk with 19k hp, what u ment to do against that :( in the end i died and he was on about 17k life, im in 3/4 arena epics and some wotlk blues.

stunlock them, sadly if its a blood dk they will generate a lot of health from the damage they are doing to you aswell as gcd's.

its the spec ill be going when i get bored tanking, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Blammo

my current gear above.

Rogues are WAY op at lvl 80 with good gear and spec though. its not unheard of to do 12k+ ambush on plate wearers.

Soldato
My guild got plauge quarter down last night :D

Yes we are slow on the move :p

Really loved heigan dance :D I think we must have wiped about 5 times on that b4 people finally got the idea of it lol
We did experience a few lag probs which wasnt good and the fight we got him down on we had two d/c's :(

But still really enjoying Naxx atm. (10man) He dropped the 2 weapons Demise and the dr00d one.

Was dead happy. Finally got a decent weap with my DK now. Been using the sword of justice from hc HoS. So was a really nice upgrade for me.

Soldato
20? Jesus christ I've not had anywhere near that amount in 60 seconds, I doubt I've even had 10, that's with 2 1.60 weapons and 1.20 speed or so with Icy Talons.

Really? that seems really low to be honest, on an older PW Kill every single one of my IT , HB's critted and was getting between 17 and 20 procs per min according to proc watch.

just on account management on WoW and i want to cancel my payment method so it doesnt take it out of my card.

When i click "cancel recurring subscription" it makes out its going to deactivate my account?!?!?!

Is this normal or can i not cancel my payment method?

Soldato
Yeah I agree DW is gonna get brought down eventually, but I don't think next patch is gonna be the one that does it. :D

Still haven't been able to test DW DPS on a simple boss fight, trying Sartharion with 3 drakes and wiping so not getting a good indication. :(

I cause quite a lot of threat as DW too as my crits are high with Howling and KM, doesn't seem threatening though. :p

Looking forward to Ulduar too, bit tiresome doing the same stuff over and over right now. :|

At the moment DK threat isn't that bad from what I have seen. Mages and a few other classes though seem to put out silly amounts of threat.

Apparently there is a bug at the moment with DK and Warriors, where if you wipe in a stance (frost or defence respectively) and then run in to the instance, you aren't generating the right amount of threat. Indeed, you are generating the "old" amount of threat that tanks used to make, and not the "added" threat that they gave in order to compensate for Paladins Blessing Of Sactuary be removed (which lowers threat). So they have to switch stances from say Defence to fury and then back again :/

Naxx is fun, did 25 man last night and progressed very quickly, but I still prefer 10 man if I am honest.

Back
Top Bottom