***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Permabanned
Yep, I remember those days. Shadowpriest was the anti class of about half the classes in the game, was almost literally impossible for anything but a shaman to kill one. I miss vanilla WoW ;_;

Soldato
Took my lvl 70 shadow priest into BG;s, wondered why i ws getting ripped apart by everything lol.. took my 62 mage in, lasted longer and got more kills.. go figure...

Guess they have affected the damage of the shadow priest fundimentaly somewhere. Warriors seem to batter everythign from what ive seen so far..

back to my arcane mage i think, love it...

Soldato
That's a terrible hunter! In my guild (Which just so happens to be OcUK Horde) the 15 DPS all do from 4k to 6.5k. Any hunters doing 3500dps and under in a 25 man is unacceptable. I know that currently our top DPS is a BM hunter who sometimes even break 6.7k DPS. More often than not, the second and third placed DPS would be hunters too, with shadow priest (good old me) and fury warriors not far behind.

We aint all decked in tier gear yet,the warrior still has some blues.

On thaddius we just about beat the 5 minute enrage and that was with 10/11 buffs stacked.

Caporegime
Guess they have affected the damage of the shadow priest fundimentaly somewhere.
The damage output is fine. It's lack of cc, inability to avoid cc, inability to get out of cc, lack of survivability, and the fact that the main spell is a channelled spell, which in pvp/arena = spell lock & death.

Soldato
Quick question:
Whats the difference between me buying WoW off the WoW site compared to a retail box?
Apart from the box, cd and manual?

##EDIT##
I just upgraded my trial account to a full account. I take it that i now have to purchase Crusade & Lich as the £10 addons on the site? Or can i get away with not having those until i reach the higher levels?
How long will my upgraded account last for now? Is the £10 fee a months play?

Last edited:
Associate
You don't need the burning crusade or lich king expansions yet, all that will be missing is being able to play as a Blood Elf or Draenai (spelling)

At level 58 you will be able to enter Outlands, which is the Burning Crusade expansion, then at 68 you can go to Northrend (lich king expansion)

there maybe a few more small details i'm missing but thats about it in a nutshell.

Not sure how the upgrade works ( i have all the disks), but i pay £8.99 a month, so i'm guessing that the upgrade you did was for a months play time.

*edit*
take a look at this thread, OcUK alliance guild just starting out, might be worth a look as most are re-rolling experienced players.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17950643

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quick question:
Whats the difference between me buying WoW off the WoW site compared to a retail box?
Apart from the box, cd and manual?
You get a months free play with the original game, not the expansions.

The only difference is you'll have ~6GB to download if you don't buy the physical copies.

Associate
Went out and bought this when it came out, I managed 3 hours before I really couldn't be bothered again :(

Pity You can't sell accounts to recoupe some dosh....

Soldato
recieved an e-mail the other day for 10 days free to try WoTLK with my original account. Not sure whether i should try it again and get addicted..

If they offered 3 Months play for whatever price seems reasonable anf WOtLK free I'd take them up on it.

Back
Top Bottom