***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Wrath of the Lich King has REALTIME lighting and shadowing

Old:
w9ee5y.jpg

New:
15ryvj9.jpg

The sun casts shadows on absolutely everything, in complete realtime. Even your character, and any minor foliage.

Interesting how the tree shadows improved yet the shadows on the rocks look worse :confused:

Actually i highly doubt it. Blizzards main moto is to make gaming available to everyone and not just high specs.

But I'm guessing this is an optional graphical feature. I doubt it'll be enforced because like you said they want to make gaming available to everyone.
All this means is that those people with better systems can have better graphics. Just like all the other graphical options WoW has, not everyone can have full viewing distance with AA and AF, specular lighting...etc. They're not excluding anyone they're just giving people with better systems the option to make it look better, just like any other game.

But I'm guessing this is an optional graphical feature. I doubt it'll be enforced because like you said they want to make gaming available to everyone.
All this means is that those people with better systems can have better graphics. Just like all the other graphical options WoW has, not everyone can have full viewing distance with AA and AF, specular lighting...etc. They're not excluding anyone they're just giving people with better systems the option to make it look better, just like any other game.

It is indeed optional, you have a choice in the Video options menu for static or dynamic shadows. It's in there alongside weather effects intensity and so on. There's also a few people saying textures and models of the existing characters are slightly improved too (but not redone), but I can't find anything concrete on that.

so looking forward to this....the whole and only reason i started playing wow was to destroy Arthas/Lich King.

Currently putting uber hours into my Paladin (getting at least T5 quality gear across the board) in preperation for the adventures into Northrend.

Im pleased the graphics are getting a big overhaul....considering the game is 4 4 years old now its about time it got brought closer to modern gfx.

Great post, keep it updated !

I've already levelled my mage to 73 in alpha, just waiting to download the new client and carry on ^^

*Since NDA has been lifted, i'll keep an eye on this thread. If anyone wants screens of something specific or w/e I'll try to provide them :)

Last edited:
I've already levelled my mage to 73 in alpha, just waiting to download the new client and carry on ^^
They've bumped all alpha characters to level 75 and locked them for the time being, as they want to give players new to the beta a chance to catch up.

Has anyone who signed up for the beta on the WoW site been emailed their keys yet?

Edit: Saying that, it appears that they won't be sending keys out for a few days yet at the earliest.
Yeah supposedly the EU beta hasn't been officially launched yet. Whether that means there's a wave of beta keys to go out I don't know, but the character copy facility isn't available yet so there's not much to do right now apart from start a deathknight.

Incidentally my merry band of explorers made it to Dalaran :p

They've bumped all alpha characters to level 75 and locked them for the time being, as they want to give players new to the beta a chance to catch up.

Yeah supposedly the EU beta hasn't been officially launched yet. Whether that means there's a wave of beta keys to go out I don't know, but the character copy facility isn't available yet so there's not much to do right now apart from start a deathknight.

Incidentally my merry band of explorers made it to Dalaran :p

! What are those equipments? I've seen them a lot in screens. Are those the default DK equipment or quest items?

Zomgz !

Uncleßob will be pleased :)
I wasn't. My priest made it to 76 before they introduced the cap, now they've jacked me a level :(

! What are those equipments? I've seen them a lot in screens. Are those the default DK equipment or quest items?
All quest rewards from the DK starting area, basically a complete blue set. Better than early hellfire rewards so far.

Nice. I bet it must be awesome playing as a Death Knight. Is the rune system as confusing or complicated as you initially expected?

Back
Top Bottom