***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

ive heard its been delayed until next year :(
It's difficult to judge. It feels like there's still a lot of work still to be done, but at the same time the testing is at a more advanced stage than it was this time a couple of years ago for TBC. They will have learned a lot from TBC development and producing WotLK should be more efficient, but they're still introducing a new class, a new profession and some massive gameplay changes. I guess it could go either way.

Thing is, its hard enough as it is to get groups together for the 60-70 levels now. *No one* will be doing it when the 70-80 content hits, yet you'll be getting 20,000 DK's yelling "LF Healer" to compliment their 4 DK's they've currently got together to run Ramparts.

Plus, I'm not sure I could cope with doing the Outland content again :(

Might go back to WoW casually if Age of Conan doesnt bring any major bug fixes by the time this is released.

Awesome thread.

Not much bug fixes as performance fix :S.

I mean if you cant run it on high with 3.4ghz dual, 9800gx2 and 4gb ram on 1680x1050 there is something wrong ....

Apart from it and few other things that needs to be polished out I found it a lot more fun than WoW to be honest.

Especially the possibility that if someone is killing the mobs you need or takes your veins you CAN KILL THEM ANYTIME YOU WANT.
If they annoy you, you can kill them. If they take your stuff, you can kill them. If you don't like what they're saying, you can kill them.

If you want to enjoy some world pvp, you go outside city and you get it.

And it's a lot faster, when I logged in into WoW after AoC the wow felt like slow motion.

So yeh, personally waiting for AoC to fix the performance, and then we'll see how is it going. I would also have a look at WoTLK but to be honest here, I dont think it will get any better than it is.

Looking further to see Aion as well, looks promising.

Then if no one of them is good, Diablo 3 is coming out and **** all the mmorpgs.

I found the performance on my 8800gt, Core 2 Duo with 2gb of Ram quite smooth. I loved the combat system and the raiding in age of conan its just their were too many gameplay buggs and the class i had chose often died too much.

And yes i do know how to play my class before anyone flames me :D, i wasn't the best but i could play to the best of my ability. a lot of the spells were broken and so was parts of our tree.

I hopefully will come back to conan as it was a very pleasant experience i just hope they fix the bugs.

Actually looks quite good. Dont think I could bring myself to get a new account though, the grind really really annoyed me.
No grinding at all anymore, I did 1-70 without any grinding, it is easier to level now.
Thing is, its hard enough as it is to get groups together for the 60-70 levels now. *No one* will be doing it when the 70-80 content hits, yet you'll be getting 20,000 DK's yelling "LF Healer" to compliment their 4 DK's they've currently got together to run Ramparts.

Plus, I'm not sure I could cope with doing the Outland content again :(

So? Going to instances is slower than questing by yourself anyway.

I'm tempted to go back to WoW for WotLK but I can't be bothered with MMO's anymore tbh. I have an open beta and early access key for WAR which I will be using but I highly doubt I will buy the full game unless it's amazingly good.

Decided I will also be rolling Deathknight when Lich King is out, hopefully the huge amount of DK's when the game releases will dumb down after a few weeks, once all the noobs realize "Hero" class does not mean overpowered.

Fun times ahead, hoping to get a beta key too.

Back
Top Bottom