***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Associate
Any Shaman players on here? Wondering how they feel about the WF totems being seriously changed...

I play enhancement Shaman with the OcUK guild, and I like the changes for raiding - now feral druids and hunters are benefitting from the haste and overall raid damage is increased. Combat swords rogues and warriors may have suffered a bit from the change, but it's nice that I now buff more classes.

I'm guessing that the change hasn't gone down well in arena teams using a shaman, but I gave up arena a long time ago - it's horrible on non-resto shammys as we're just perma-CC'd and burst down too easily.

Soldato
Let me know how you get on, Ive no idea how to spec Arcane. I'm still leveling with my frost mage.

frost is still by far the best levelling spec in my opinion, i love frost.

the problem with my spec is i'm full frost and i don't have the time/gear to do enough damage before i get squished.

Soldato
We are going to karazhan later to see the new boss added :)

Anyone else seen him yet?

Yeah, the OcUK guild went last night to do him, he's upstairs from Attumen and doesn't take long to get to. Pretty easy boss fight too (well for a bunch of t5 guys at least, but I can't imagine him being much harder than Attumen). He drops an axe that has a hidden right-click feature of making the wearer strum on it.
How do I buy the the warlock epic mount?

You will have to wait till the next patch to be released, then you can go to a trainer at level 61 and learn the mount skill there, just like you did at level 40.

Soldato
I need some advice for my lvl70 Warrior
At the moment im still specing in Arms as i only turned lvl 70 last week and ive been struggling to find what i need and what spec i should be.
Now i must stress i dont like PVP at all, and its one aspect of the game i loath, but to get good gear i need to do it i think. I much prefer doing Instances and dungeon raids

Most people will tell me go Prot..but nobody will tell me what spec, or what type of gear i need, and im losing faith in the player base on my realm (Blades Edge - Horde)

So my plea is can anyone help me out, and give me some advice on what i should be specing, and what gear i should be getting.
Lvl70 Undead Warrior - Arms (at the moment)

Last edited:
Associate
At the moment im still specing in Arms as i only turned lvl 70 last week and ive been struggling to find what i need and what spec i should be.
Now i must stress i dont like PVP at all, and its one aspect of the game i loath, but to get good gear i need to do it i think. I much prefer doing Instances and dungeon raids

Most people will tell me go Prot..but nobody will tell me what spec, or what type of gear i need, and im losing faith in the player base on my realm (Blades Edge - Horde)

So my plea is can anyone help me out, and give me some advice on what i should be specing, and what gear i should be getting.

Look on wowwiki, elitist jerks and google, theres loads of info out there.
Also the warrior forum ;)

Soldato

stay with whatever spec you are with at the moment and dont bother grinding for pvp gear. wotlk comes out in 3 weeks and gold will do you much better than grappy low end gear.

if you're in a guild get them to run heroics or kara for some purples. hell do the headless horseman and get the rings and sword from him. you'll also get two purples from the invasion quests. the hands and shoulders only cost 8 tokens each.

Soldato
stay with whatever spec you are with at the moment and dont bother grinding for pvp gear. wotlk comes out in 3 weeks and gold will do you much better than grappy low end gear.

if you're in a guild get them to run heroics or kara for some purples. hell do the headless horseman and get the rings and sword from him. you'll also get two purples from the invasion quests. the hands and shoulders only cost 8 tokens each.

Yup done the HH, got the ring and helm...but as most people will find, you will not get into any groups as an Arms warrior, you get kicked or told to f off because your not tank...so thats out.

Look on wowwiki, elitist jerks and google, theres loads of info out there.
Also the warrior forum ;)

Also i have looked on those places, but who on earth wants to spend hours and hours looking at everything and then yourself deciding on whats best...the warrior forums are full of kids whining about this and that and nothing concrete or a massive debate on what spec is best.
I did imagine there would be people here with first hand experience and trust worthy advice, hence why i was asking.

Permabanned
Never played a warrior but i do play a druid off tank, not very well :p

Basically i just got to the druid defense cap which was 415 iirc, i think its 490 for warriors, then started stacking armor and agility for avoidance i imagine warriors have other stats to worry about like shield block values and such but im not sure.

Found this thread on elitist jerks which might help you make some decisions on spec choice

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t18771-protection_warrior_guide/

Just scroll down to the part where it says maximising your mitigation/aggro and it has a list of what talents to take.

this is something i found as a gear guide (might not be very good or outdated but the talent guide above should be good)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...8A9B341E6ACF.app03_04?topicId=293120817&sid=1

This is basically the kind of things i followed when speccing and gearing my druid and after i got most of the stuff i had no problems tanking (so long as they wait for me to hit the damn thing first.)

Last edited:
Associate
Also i have looked on those places, but who on earth wants to spend hours and hours looking at everything and then yourself deciding on whats best...the warrior forums are full of kids whining about this and that and nothing concrete or a massive debate on what spec is best.
I did imagine there would be people here with first hand experience and trust worthy advice, hence why i was asking.

Theres a wealth of info on wowwiki that doesnt take long to find, yes the class/wow forums have a lot of dribble on there but you can also pickup some handy tips and im sure there must be some helpfull stickys.

"but who on earth wants to spend hours and hours looking at everything and then yourself deciding on whats best"

Why would you not want to learn about your class and then decide with all the info & knowledge gathered how to spec your toon ?
I guess it depends on the type of player.

Armory is also very helpful, have a look at high end raiding prot warriors, you'll find there specs wont differ much.

GL+HF

kek

Last edited:
Permabanned
I like my Warriors current Prot spec, it does me great for grinding and I've done quite well in duels/PvP with it.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-talents.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Drazzie

Check the spec on that, character hasn't been my main in well over a year, gear is quite outdated to say the least, only using it for farming. :) Gems/Enchants are a bit all over the place too. :D

When I get back from the US on Thursday I've got loads to get farming, need 300 of a few of the cloth types, a bunch of the Naxxramus quests parts (Crypt Fiends etc) and gonna get a bunch of the Level 60-70 quest items (non soul bound ones) collected to send to my future Death Knight.

Want the expansion already, haven't played WoW properly in a while so gonna really get stuck into Lich King, used to raid non stop pre-TBC, didn't stick to my characters in TBC so didn't raid much at all. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers guys that will sort me out on the track, need to get myself a decent shield, as it looks as though a prot warrior is based on the shield, crap shield and your not good enough. Just 5 mins ago i got the HH blade, so thats sorted for now. cheers again.

Soldato
No point going prot.

Getting to a level to tank KZ = crit immune will take you 2/3 weeks.

so just stay arms, have some fun learn your charactor. Get some Honor in the battlegrounds behind you. And get ready for the grind to 80.

Loving the Zombi stuff atm. We had massive massive Alliance raids to all of the horde citys and wiped them all out :D

Back
Top Bottom