Officially old

Commissario
Just increased the font size on my phone as I can no longer make do reading it without glasses when out and about.

What things have other forum members had to do that make them feel old?

Got prescribed reading glasses in addition to my normal ones.

Next time I'm going to try for some cheap varifocals as I only really need them for reading tiny print and doing things like soldering (realising that I couldn't couldn't make out where the solder was easily was my clue).

Man of Honour
My son asked me if colour was invented when I was a lad.
My son quite recently told me that when he was younger, he thought the world used to be in black and white in the 'olden times'.

For me, I'd say:
  • Scrolling down for flipping ages when choosing my birth year on websites.
  • Ear / Nostril hair growth (nobody warned me about this!)
  • Graduates who were born in a different millennium to me (after I graduated in some cases).
  • Footballers retiring whom I regard as 'new' young prodigies (Rooney etc)
  • Finding out that fresh young trendy radio presenters now have a daytime show on Radio 2.
  • Being older than the majority of work peers, for quite a while I was the 'young protege'
  • Hearing younger people talk about the absolute madness of 4% interest rates and how they HAVE to come back down... scratch that just stated with absolute confidence that they WOULD definitely fall soon (before they rose still further).
  • Wine being my primary alcoholic drink

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Top tip listen to Radio X and its like time never happend, its brilliant :) much happier & nicer place with people that actually have a IQ.

Back
Top Bottom