OK which poster was this? (Angry over someone parking outside your house)

Caporegime
OP
Its cancer, it can cause all sorts of secondary complications. A few months before pancreatic cancer killed my mother, she was asked more than once 'how far gone' she was, because people thought she was pregnant. She wasn't, it was the cancer.

yikes, sorry to hear that :(

Soldato
If I was as physically unfit as those pictured in the video, I would also want to park as close to my house as possible. On a different note, what a pair of pussies in the car, especially the guy.

Last edited:
Soldato
meh,, I live on a street with no driveways and have had several arguments with tenants who seem to think they own the space outside their house.

Recently a woman moved in to a rented property and her landlord had told her that it was he space outside, fed up of taking 15 minutes explaining the law to people.
We also have cones, oh god the cone brigade, they REALLY don't like you moving their cones.

Then their is the woman opposite who paid to have an (unenforceable) disabled bay painted outside her house.

Soldato
meh,, I live on a street with no driveways and have had several arguments with tenants who seem to think they own the space outside their house.

Recently a woman moved in to a rented property and her landlord had told her that it was he space outside, fed up of taking 15 minutes explaining the law to people.
We also have cones, oh god the cone brigade, they REALLY don't like you moving their cones.

Then their is the woman opposite who paid to have an (unenforceable) disabled bay painted outside her house.
Do you have a front garden? If yes pay for a drop kerb, no one is allowed to block your address via drop curb.

Soldato
Best solution is simple solution.

Mate of mine has a pretty long driveway, and idiots park on that all the time. His solution is simple, if someone parks on his driveway he goes out and locks the huge gate at the end, effectively locking the car in and the owners out. More than a few times the police have been called by irate drivers who have returned to find their car behind a large wall and some hefty locked wooden gates. :D

Caporegime
OP
Yeah they are.

How so? I'd have assumed you'd at least need the permission of the home owner/occupier to block their dropped kerb - otherwise presumably you can get their vehicle taken away.

Edit - actually I've just googled and answered my own question, you're indeed correct, so long as you're not blocking someone in then apparently you can park there.

Soldato
Ronnie Pickering has let himself go a little...

On a side note, someone in my local town woke up after the new year to find someone else's car parked in their driveway... for 3 days.

Man of Honour
Yes, but you pay a lot for them, whereas here they are common even in cheap, low income areas.
Not really, my 2 bed terrace house has a garage and driveway. Its more to do with the age of the property - the estate I'm on is a late 1970/80s one so everyone has a decent garden, garage, drive etc. Ones built in the 2000s onwards tend to be much smaller and crammed in.

Caporegime
How so? I'd have assumed you'd at least need the permission of the home owner/occupier to block their dropped kerb - otherwise presumably you can get their vehicle taken away.

Edit - actually I've just googled and answered my own question, you're indeed correct, so long as you're not blocking someone in then apparently you can park there.

Yup. Can't block someone in. Can block them out. We used to have a neighbour who would park on his drive until we went to work then he would reverse off and park in front of our driveway. Police couldn't do a thing.
He'd only then move it at night to put it back on his drive. Rinse. Repeat.

Soldato
when i lived in west yorkshire i would really get wound up ,people would have 3 cars at 1 house and then visitors who would park hanging over my drive.just bad manners tbh ,if i am visiting i will try and park out of the way .

Soldato
Belly man is clearly a tool, but would you want the mither of if, or to spend the weekend worring what he's upto?

Logic says just move on, but I'd probably be stubborn :D

Back
Top Bottom