Oktoberfest London - Cancelled after 1 night

Soldato
It just boggles the mind how it can be organised so badly.

At the very least, using some common sense you know how many tables you have available to sell, what tables have been sold on which days, so why even make the people who have purchased a table queue for 2 hours to get in when they have it booked already? Unless they purposely oversold the tables just for the extra money, which is a disgrace if true. If people are paying £10 to enter and haven't prebooked, it doesn't matter if they have to queue for 2 hours, most normal people would give up and go to a different pub, but to deny the people who have booked a table entry for 2 hours is disgusting.

What a shameful display.

Soldato
So they had 50,000 sausages to feed 24,000 people? So that's basically 2 sausages per person. Not exactly much of a feast.

Disgusting that companies can get away with charging such outrageous prices and then basically do nothing to organise a decent event.

Now that looks more like it!

Last edited:
Wise Guy
Soldato
Op inspired me to have my own oktoberfest for dinner. Onion apple sauerkraut, brats, potatos, rye bread, mustard and beer of course. Btw there are about 4 tablespoons of butter in each serving. Potatos slow cooked in balsamic vinegarette.

IMAG0081.jpg

Soldato
I've just got back from the beer festival in Stuttgart (only the one in Munich is called Oktoberfest) and I spent a grand total of £400 for 4 days. It is the second largest beer festival in the world behind Oktoberfest in Munich. I would highly recommend going to the real thing. Silly overpriced UK attraction.

The tents were 32 euros for: 3l of beer, half a chicken, and a table to sit at, bargin.

Went here at end of 2014 amazing time only regret was not booking tables in advance we was lucky to get one on a friday as we got a table nobody had reserved atmosphere in the tent i will never forget.

When we went back on weekend it was rammed pack no chance of table still had a good time plenty to do around just the tents at Volksfest.

I didn't know that the UK held Oktoberfest events. Ignorance is bliss :)

That said, a couple of German friends will be putting me up that their place for 4 nights next year, so can't really beat that. German cuisine, their way of living etc, picking up snippets of their language.

Associate
Who organized it? The sight of the sausages made me nearly sick... The first thing i thought was, I bet this was done by some immigrants coming to Britain with a quick idea to make money, And obviously failing hard.

How hard can it be to source quality gourmet sausages and beer in Europe and then sell them at a profit? It looks like a shameless rip off to be honest.

Frequent the DailyFail much? :rolleyes:

I like how another DF reader in the comments tried to attribute the events failure to the previous labour (blaire so read 'tory') government. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Did the £600 table come with any drinks?

Associate
Went here at end of 2014 amazing time only regret was not booking tables in advance we was lucky to get one on a friday as we got a table nobody had reserved atmosphere in the tent i will never forget.

When we went back on weekend it was rammed pack no chance of table still had a good time plenty to do around just the tents at Volksfest.

Yea we booked the tables 3 months beforehand, glad we did because the Saturday was jam packed.

It was a very memorable weekend, like you said the Atmosphere was amzing. Ill never forget the whole tent singing 99 Luftballons with a stein in hand.

I think we might try to go to Munich next year, apparently its pretty similar just on a bigger scale.

Associate
I went to school with one of the guys behind this event, Runs a company called Gold Mills Promotion, has just had to close down his first night club in Essex called the Hashtag club.
After hiring luxury cars to sit outside to give the illusion it was busy and full of elite people. when in fact it was dead.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the recommendations, I'm still hung over :(

Started at the Euston Tap, then a few pubs around Old Street (bavarian beer house etc), ended up in Slim Jims Liquer bar, the Porterhouse, the Crobar, a bunch of random bars on Brick Lane and finally Horns stripbar for £1 a dance back on Old Street before being kicked out at 3am.

At 40 years old, as per Lethal Weapon "I'm too old for this ****" :D

Back
Top Bottom