OLED users - do you have a second, non-OLED monitor?

Associate
i mostly keep the monitor in hdr mode and the mode i use for that is display hdr rather than picture movie or game hdr. if i am in sdr the bightness is set to 10 gamma 2 local dimming on. hope that helps enjoy what game you playing first ?

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure yet maybe some Witcher 3 and finally getting around to playing the Mass Effect trilogy.

Associate
Alienware DWF with a second screen, in portrait mode, a Dell S2722QC 4K for media, Spotify, YouTube etc. The image looks very different between the two.

I'm now thinking about taking away the second screen as my desk is looking a tad cluttered.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the 42C2, and am using the LG Dual UP in the below configuration:-

iWTIjko.jpg

Seems to work well, I do intend on getting a monitor arm for the c2 one day.. when the price is right
Snap, same setup. I have tried double/triple setups of the same monitor, then to a 38" UW which made me realise I still wanted a 2nd screen - this is the perfect combo for me with gaming and work.

Soldato
Yes. I have two other monitors. Both are IPS.
I have a very unusual setup in that I have an L shaped desk with two sets of monitors/keyboards/mice on them. I switch between browsing and gaming. I went for this setup because my original monitor was expensive, and I wasn't ready to retire it when I bought the QLED. It's higher resolution than the QLED so it's good for browsing.
The gaming monitor, the QLED, has a second, small monitor to one side of it, so that I can monitor stuff when I am gaming. That's very new. I bought it a few days ago. I managed to pick up a returned ASUS 22" monitor for next to nothing.
The two IPS monitors are adjusted and calibrated so they approximate the QLED, so it all looks uniform. The QLED leaves them standing for colour and contrast, but of course fails on fringing.

Soldato
Snap, same setup. I have tried double/triple setups of the same monitor, then to a 38" UW which made me realise I still wanted a 2nd screen - this is the perfect combo for me with gaming and work.

Didn't think I needed a second screen but now I'm wondering. Could go all out and get a second c2 and mount above the other.
Then again, I'd want it mainly for wireshark and other stuff so static elements all day, glad I talked myself out of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
No going back now, also coming from an okay monitor the higher refresh rate was a as much an update for me. Now I have colours etc sorted for Premier and Photoshop etc, its so utterly totally night and day I realise I should have just paid up and bought it when first available.

Associate
No going back now, also coming from an okay monitor the higher refresh rate was a as much an update for me. Now I have colours etc sorted for Premier and Photoshop etc, its so utterly totally night and day I realise I should have just paid up and bought it when first available.
In a world of £1600 gpu's etc, it still surprises me that many of those gamers don't have an OLED screen due to price. I'd argue that a 3090 on high settings OLED beats a 4090 ultra setting non OLED in pq. For me personally, OLED is easily worth full price and the biggest most memorable pq upgrade for my pc in 8yrs (grabbed my first OLED 2015) I really like posts that say.... I wish I never waited :)

Associate
In a world of £1600 gpu's etc, it still surprises me that many of those gamers don't have an OLED screen due to price. I'd argue that a 3090 on high settings OLED beats a 4090 ultra setting non OLED in pq. For me personally, OLED is easily worth full price and the biggest most memorable pq upgrade for my pc in 8yrs (grabbed my first OLED 2015) I really like posts that say.... I wish I never waited :)
Once I find an 40" plus oled that has internal KVM switch, I can use one mouse and keyboard for two connect devices. Is good for both gaming and word excel and great customer service then I move.

Associate
Single 27" LG OLED 1440p monitor for 8-9 hours of productivity work per day + gaming in the evenings. Held off for ages because of reviewers saying about text clarity, burn in etc... glad I pulled in the trigger in the end as text clarity hasn't been an issue for me at all. Burn in will be a case of waiting to see what happens but I have no regrets so far. Having had an LG OLED TV for several years it made gaming on an IPS panel feel like a big backwards step.

Associate
Those of you who have OLED monitors, do you have a second non-OLED monitor for desktop and other non-gaming use?
I got the monitors in my sig (lg c2) philips qled 43" - and I just hooked up the philips next to the c2 - the 43 is a bit big thou; getting some neck pain because Im too close to both screens ie turn my head to the rt to see my 43". btw I love my c2 ... the philips is nice too thou.

Associate
I got the monitors in my sig (lg c2) philips qled 43" - and I just hooked up the philips next to the c2 - the 43 is a bit big thou; getting some neck pain because Im too close to both screens ie turn my head to the rt to see my 43". btw I love my c2 ... the philips is nice too thou.
I prob would rather have a 27" and is it called portrait mode besides my c2 ... (I originally was going to do that with my 43) but ended up getting this c2 for a nice price. And I love the contrast of the oled ... as a matter of fact I just picked up a 65" samsung oled for my living room tv and its beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom