Olympic female badminton players face charges

NZB

NZB

Associate
The results of the appeal will apparently be in within the hour, i hope they stick to their guns and send them packing.

Caporegime
I can see them backtracking and blaming the format/promising to change it in the future... I hope I am wrong though because it was utterly disgraceful, even after a couple of warnings they were still blatently throwing points, Chinese especially.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hopefully these utter disgraceful players will be sent home, they arent playing by the rules and the olympic spirit as far as im concerned.

What a bunch of utter muppets doing what they did.

Soldato
This directly breaches the agreement all entered into doesn't it? The whole "to compete fairly" thing during the Oath of the opening ceremony? It's disgusting and I am glad they are out now.

Man of Honour
Meh its strategy not cheating, while its rather poor from the spectators perspective in any other competition (that wasn't the olympics) I couldn't really fault someone for it...

However it is the olympics and I find it frustrating how few people can get with the spirit of it, its about being your best and promoting the best in others not winning and even if you don't win you shouldn't be hindering other athletes. I find the best olympian thread funny as everyones talking in terms of who gets the most golds :( its about who pushes themselves and their fellow athletes the furthest.

EDIT: Tho in this case you could blame the format somewhat as there shouldn't be rounds where people aren't having to play their best to win.

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange that China and Korea both have 2 pairs in the doubles anyway. Where as Indonesia and almost all the other countries only had one.

After what was done in the first game I can understand the Koreans doing it back to them in the second but 2 wrongs dont make a right.

I think they should be one team per nation and that would avoid allot of this.

Soldato
Strange that China and Korea both have 2 pairs in the doubles anyway. Where as Indonesia and almost all the other countries only had one.

After what was done in the first game I can understand the Koreans doing it back to them in the second but 2 wrongs dont make a right.

I think they should be one team per nation and that would avoid allot of this.

Yes, but then they should qualify. It goes according to rankings and China pretty much rules the top rankings in badminton the past 10 years.

Soldato
BADMINTON
The Badminton World Federation rejects an appeal from South Korea over the explusion of two pairs from the London 2012 mixed doubles competition. Indonesia withdrew an appeal against their disqualification.

DENIED.

Back
Top Bottom