Olympic Sailing

Soldato
Ben Ainslie just won race 7 out of 10 in very choppy water, (was actually quite good to watch) beating the great dane that's been in the lead ever since, and now there's only 4 points between them. Another race later, two more tomorrow, and the final on sunday. Could well be gold for Ainslie, at the very worst silver.

Caporegime
Hope he wins it, not a happy bunny after dane and dutch ganging up on him, hope he's winning go into last race and sails the dane off the course and sits on top of him

Caporegime
Yeah think the two guys at mark told him to turn even though he didn't touch it but you won't win 2v1 protest

Soldato
He came 3rd? That certainly wasnt the impression I got from watching the BBC clip this evening, must not have been paying as much attention as I thought :p

Edit - I also dont get protests, surely the camera footage would show whether he did or didnt touch the marker? It cant just be based on the opinions of rival sailors can it? Seems a strange system to me.

Caporegime
I've never seen a camera shot from the side the boats are rounding a mark at so I think there is a chance it could be there

Back
Top Bottom