Olympic Sailing

Associate
It will make it much easier for the final as he only has to beat him but if the dane comes 2nd then he will have to beat him by 2 places

Caporegime
Oh I see, so it will be in his own hands.. I hope the Dutch guy holds on then and may the best man win in the final.

Soldato
OP
Hope he wins it, not a happy bunny after dane and dutch ganging up on him, hope he's winning go into last race and sails the dane off the course and sits on top of him

Yeah, I just found this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...as-Hogh-Christensen-is-public-enemy-No-1.html

"Jonas Hogh-Christensen, the man Ben Ainslie must beat on Sunday in order to secure his position as the most successful Olympic sailor in history, has already adopted the role of pantomime villain.
The ‘Great Dane’ as he was dubbed in the early part of the week, when he beat Ainslie six times in succession to establish a 10-point lead, became public enemy No 1 on Thursday after the Briton accused him of gamesmanship.
Ainslie alleged that Hogh-Christensen and Dutch sailor Pieter-Jan Postma had “ganged up” on him, forcing him to serve a penalty by claiming that he hit a mark. Hogh-Christensen denied the claim but the damage was already done.
Ainslie, “seriously p----- off”, was gunning for the Dane from the word go on Friday, and his match racing tactics in race 10 felt especially loaded even if they were the logical thing to do in the circumstances.
"

Soldato
Looks like a gold in the star class and a possibility of Ainslie getting a gold.

Not as good as the medal tally in Beijing though.

Last edited:
Associate
It *looked* like GB spent the early parts of the race tracking Brazil, while the Swedes raced away. Silver's still a great result though, but that must feel gutting.

Back
Top Bottom