Olympic Sailing

Soldato
Lucky that Ben didn't fall for the same trap as the boys in the Star class. Really disappointing for those guys but a great result for Ainsley.

Caporegime
The camera angles make it very hard to follow. Looks like Ben is behind but then it pans out and hes 50m ahead and on the other side of the course :p

Yeah those long lens cameras are pretty garbage for sailing, he had the dane in the bag the entire race really, the dutch man was the only one in with a shout and thankfully the ganging up git didn't get a medal :D

Well done Ben :D, hope he is back in 4 years and equals Redgrave?

NZB

NZB

Associate
Well done Ben :D, hope he is back in 4 years and equals Redgrave?

Doesn't look like it

Ben Ainslie adds: "I learnt to sail for fun so it's been a long road but I have had a lot of support over the years and I am just so glad to have done it. It's been incredibly hard - there's a huge amount of pressure to perform at a home games, it's been the hardest couple of weeks of my life but you just have to get on with the job.

"You can never say never but I don't think I can sail one of these again, it's killing my body so I don't think you will see me in Rio.

"But it's the best way to bow out at a home Olympics."

Caporegime
Hmm guess after the back surgery, oh well, 4 golds and a silver. Going to be a long while before that is beaten.

Weird he isn't mentioned in with the likes of Hoy and Redgrave usually.

Soldato
He is aiming for his own team in the America's Cup - BA has done astoundingly well, its a little harsh he isnt considered like Redgrave and Hoy

Soldato
Two silvers, what utter and abject failures!
:p

damn, I've just noticed the only down side is Australia are winning the regatta with 3 golds, we'll never hear the end of it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom