Olympic Track Cycling

DcD

DcD

Associate
The same thing happened to the Chinese as to the British team. They were relegated to 2nd in that race. For GB that meant loosing a knockout race, for the Chinese it means silver not gold, but the penalty is still the same.

Thats exactly what I'm saying.

Soldato
They only need 3 riders to cross the line, they can drop one if they choose as changeovers cost you a bit of time, but then they have to balance that with the fact that there are less riders to help with the work. Ditching the last rider with around 3 laps to go seems to be the best compromise.

It's timed on the 3rd man crossing the line, so you only need 3 to finish.

Sometimes its the plan for 1 guy to drop off near the end (they might have somebody, like Ed Clancy in the GB team, who has a very strong start then drops off a couple of laps before the end)
Sometimes its not the plan and one guy cant keep up the pace of the rest of the team and so he drops off.

Thanks guys, so basically 4 to share the workload and 3 to finish.

Soldato
Germans really deserve a bronze at best considering they would have been slower than both GB and China. Oh well, rules are rules I guess.

DcD

DcD

Associate
tainted medal for germans

How much of a difference did that rule infraction make to the time though? The Germans were what, 0.1 of a second behind? Would them being nearly side by side make that much up? It's nice that they're very strict though, I'd rather a strict sport than one where all sorts of cheating happens and everyone turns a blind eye for one reason or another (cough football cough).

Permabanned
How much of a difference did that rule infraction make to the time though? The Germans were what, 0.1 of a second behind? Would them being nearly side by side make that much up? It's nice that they're very strict though, I'd rather a strict sport than one where all sorts of cheating happens and everyone turns a blind eye for one reason or another (cough football cough).

I actually think the judge is wrong with the call, i do not think she was over.

Caporegime
So how big the difference between GB win and France? I think around 3.5 seconds...

EDIT: Ignore, forgot its Sprint and not Pursuit :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
I understand China got the silver because it was a round of 1 and 2. But surely it should have been a round of 1 through 4, all seems very stupid.

Back
Top Bottom