Olympic Track Cycling

Caporegime
Just a shame they dropped the individual pursuit - used to love that especially when you actually got passes.

Kudos Sir Chris, maybe in a few decades he will be one of the people trying to bring another olympics to the UK :)

ps3ud0 :cool:

One

One

Soldato
Is that the velodrome over with then? dammit golds will dry up now. :p

Korea are our closest rivals. They have to get 12 Golds to surpass us in the table (sorted by gold). Sorted by number of medals alone then Russia are only 3 behind, but tbh, we have 22 golds they have 8, even with more medals overall we can still easily claim to be much better than them.

Soldato
On the world stage he is outclassed though, probably ranked 30+.
Oh, really?
I knew that he wasnt realistically expecting a medal, but i thought he was nearer top10.

edit: actually, it's about time we had an olympic mtb thread now that the track stuff is done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Kileen has not finished in the top 10 in any recent World Cup or Champs event.

At the last Olympics he was tipped for a medal but crashed about 400 metres into the event, dropped to last place but fought back to 7th.

His best days are gone now.

Caporegime
Reckon she might win more golds than Sir Chris! At least 2 maybe 3 more games?

The rules unfortunately limit her opportunities, but I would imagine she will be in at least 2 more games in at least 2 events in each.

The future of British cycling is looking brilliant, and thats from a past and present that ain't been to shabby either! :D

Caporegime
I hate people who think being 2nd BEST is a let down.

First Loser don't you know...!

Seriously though if you've been training for years and been expected to win gold getting silver just isn't good enough for you in most cases, very different if you don't think you stand a chance and come from nowhere to pick it up.

Now if the rules hadn't been changed how many Triples ad doubles would we have picked up?:D I'm thinking at least the Men and Womens Sprints.

Soldato
Hoy didn't seem to agree with the UCI change of rules when discussing it with Lineker earlier. It does seem odd that you're basically limiting the best in the world from competing.

I.e. Imagine the 100m final with only 1 competitor from the US and Jamaica? They're just upset Britain are actually good at a sport!

Back
Top Bottom