OMG, I live in a country full of stupid people.... (Trump may win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
why is being a liberal such a bad thing in america?

surely wanting people to be treated equally, not being crappy to sections of the population deemed 'different' should be something civilised people aspire too?

I just cant get my head round how being nasty to certain groups of people makes a better society?

The American Liberal agenda is seen as being an excuse to be immoral, water everything down, break down traditions, barriers and the rule of Law. It may start off with some honourable intentions but it quickly transcends into authoritarianism, Communism and ultimately Totalitarianism and war.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
The American Liberal agenda is seen as being an excuse to be immoral, water everything down, break down traditions, barriers and the rule of Law. It may start off with some honourable intentions but it quickly transcends into authoritarianism and ultimately Totalitarianism and war.

so letting 2 gay people buy a cake without hassle leads to the total breakdown of society?

Soldato
why is being a liberal such a bad thing in america?

surely wanting people to be treated equally, not being crappy to sections of the population deemed 'different' should be something civilised people aspire too?

I just cant get my head round how being nasty to certain groups of people makes a better society?

I can't speak for America only myself, but a reason to oppose "liberal" politics is that often it demonises people because they complain about a problem associated with some touchstone of identity politics dogma.

The perfect example of this is when Gordon Brown was caught on audio calling a woman a bigot because she had dared question unmanaged immigration. It was a problem for her but the establishment view is that she is wrong and a bigot and therefore here complaint is without merit. Because that has been the default political position on many issues for decades now there are a very large cohort of people who think of themselves as decent and fair but who have been branded bigots or deplorable because they have concerns that are being deliberately ignored. The surprise is that it has taken this long for them to reach a tipping point.

Associate
They didn't have a great choice to start with Hilary or Trump? One of the problems is the 2 party system in american politics, they might as well have flipped a coin! I personally think that most people went with the approach of voting for who the person they disliked the least.

Associate
Amy Schumer
Lena Dunham
Barbra Streisand
Bryan Cranston
Miley Cyrus
Jon Stewart
Cher
Chelsea Handler
Samuel L. Jackson
Whoopi Goldberg
Neve Campbell
Keegan-Michael Key
George Lopez
Ne-Yo
Rev. Al Sharpton
Raven-Symoné

.. Have all claimed to be 'moving to Canada' this morning. What? No one's moving to Mexico? :D

Associate
I can't speak for America only myself, but a reason to oppose "liberal" politics is that often it demonises people because they complain about a problem associated with some touchstone of identity politics dogma.

The perfect example of this is when Gordon Brown was caught on audio calling a woman a bigot because she had dared question unmanaged immigration. It was a problem for her but the establishment view is that she is wrong and a bigot and therefore here complaint is without merit. Because that has been the default political position on many issues for decades now there are a very large cohort of people who think of themselves as decent and fair but who have been branded bigots or deplorable because they have concerns that are being deliberately ignored. The surprise is that it has taken this long for them to reach a tipping point.

Well said. Liberal's are very quick and often to point the finger and call someone a bigot or xenophobe. Look what happen after Brexit all over social media, family and friends all fell out over that.

Soldato
Glorious to see the abject dismay on the faces of all the BBC reporters this morning, I've not seen anything like it...since June :)

Soldato
It was obvious the election was in Brexit territory as soon as Trump got the nomination.

He isn't as stupid as he makes out, he's a salesman and picked what he thought were the usps to close the deal. As it turns out he chose correctly.

Bush junior wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he didn't start WW3.

At the very least this is going to be much more interesting than a Hillary Clinton administration :)

Soldato
But..but... what around the "progressive majority"?

Majority??? Generation ********* has taken a hammering this year simply because they exist in a bubble because they precisely think that everyone thinks just like them. They were in tears at work the day that Briexit happened. I took today off so i gather they're in tears again. Glad i'm not there today

Associate
Majority??? Generation ********* has taken a hammering this year simply because they exist in a bubble because they precisely think that everyone thinks just like them. They were in tears at work the day that Briexit happened. I took today off so i gather they're in tears again. Glad i'm not there today

Hopefully they'll wake up to the fact they're the minority sometime soon.

Soldato
People are fed up of career politicians and them running countries for their own benefit. Also the nonsense ultra-liberal, take offence at everything mentality that seems to be taking over the western world. That's why Trump won and why Brexit won etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amy Schumer
Lena Dunham
Barbra Streisand
Bryan Cranston
Miley Cyrus
Jon Stewart
Cher
Chelsea Handler
Samuel L. Jackson
Whoopi Goldberg
Neve Campbell
Keegan-Michael Key
George Lopez
Ne-Yo
Rev. Al Sharpton
Raven-Symoné

.. Have all claimed to be 'moving to Canada' this morning. What? No one's moving to Mexico? :D

Never heard of those.

Soldato
so letting 2 gay people buy a cake without hassle leads to the total breakdown of society?

You do know that the specific story you're referring to actually took place because they phoned around hundreds of bakers till they found one Christian baker who refused to make them a cake? Like they didn't just go to one guy and ask him, they were actively looking for someone to Demonise. That's basically Liberal America summed up in 2016, go around looking for things that offend you then get the Twitter brigade on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom