OMG, I live in a country full of stupid people.... (Trump may win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Majority??? Generation ********* has taken a hammering this year simply because they exist in a bubble because they precisely think that everyone thinks just like them. They were in tears at work the day that Briexit happened. I took today off so i gather they're in tears again. Glad i'm not there today

I think we all live in self built echo chambers to lesser or greater extent. Many of the graduates I work with, and I'm a graduate myself, only have fellow graduate friends of similar ages and views. It is easy in that environment to believe that "everyone" shares your World view. Many of us will only read papers that reflect our politics and have friends on social media much like us.

I find my works canteen to be the most interesting social environment I have because it exposes me and my colleagues to a wider array of views than we would probably unconsciously choose for ourselves.

Permabanned
I think the most important and unbelievably overlooked point here now that Brexit is done and Trump is president, is what are we going to argue about in GD now?

Isn't Italy on the brink of something? That might keep us busy until the nukes start falling or Clinton gets her back doors booted in by Putin.

Yes, as I have mentioned a few times, December 4th is presidential referendum day in Italy and almost certain to result in a Nationalist president being elected to take them out of the EU. I predict, as do many, this will be the catalyst for the failure of the unsupported Euro. The EU itself will then collapse like the house of cards it has become. So plenty of discussion on the horizon :)

Associate
Merkel is almost certainly out. There's no way she is going to win again after letting in half of Africa unchecked. Especially not with all the violence and crime that kicked off as a result.

I would certainly say that she is gone, from what i can gather the average German is fed up with her Left wing approach the same goes for France. After all the attack recently i think a lot of people are scared.

As said earlier - parallels with the 1930's - not good.

Yes it does echo the 1930's, lets hope we don't get another Hitler......... or have we already got one? Time will tell.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Associate
yes.. just look at the mess Europe is in. Orban, Szydło, Le Pen, AfD. You can't argue with the will of the people, but i hope that this isn't a permanent lurch to the right.. would be such a waste of the last 50 years or so of liberalisation and attempts to build an open world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom