On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Caporegime
Afraid my sober October didn't last very long... Went on a datem was a good reason to bin it off :p

I fell off last night. Had some stress to deal with. should have gone for a bike ride...But it was raining found myself in tesco's with a basket full of stella 660ml bottles:o

Lets call it a rest day.... now back to work you lot!

Speaking of work, that's where I'll be the next couple of nights. So no worries there....

Soldato
I'll see you lot in January and in Lent.

I love booze. The long and short of it is that I'd find a life without a good bottle of claret very sad. Perhaps that makes me sad and weak. However, it gives me true pleasure and joy that I rarely get. I'm not a loner or a sad case. I have given up booze before, but the taste of a fine wine is what I would really miss and ultimately would prevent me from going totally dry. Sure I could give up getting drunk and drinking all other alcohol but I'm so passionate about wine that I'd struggle to quit it.

I truly respect those in this thread who are going dry and wish all of you the best of luck with your personal challenges :)

Associate
Currently 4 weeks sober in as such as i haven't been drunk 1pint and a shot consumed. The short of it.. feeling great. Think it helps that this falls in with my lack of drunken smoking and exercising 5 times a week resulting in a stone lost. Couldn't recommend going sober for an extended period enough. Surprising on reflection how much harm regular binge drinking does to your body and mind, at the time you don't notice or feel different, it becomes so normal to feel ****** on saturday/sundays after heavy nights usually persisting until mid week.

Soldato
So a special Birthday has been and gone which leaves me with no reson now NOT. To try and go dry. I would'nt say I drink to excess. Very rarely do I drink in the week. Nor would I say that I drink to excess at weekend. I guess my tolerance has reduced over the years. On a Saturday night I like to cook something nice for the family and will start on a bottle of red around 4.00ish. That is gone by 7.00. I might have a couple of cans or maybe a few JD's. End up falling asleep and being naff all company for Mrs R. Usually wake up Oma Sunday feeling like crap and in a foul or nasty mood which is no good for the ones around me, nor is it good for me just for me. Because I feel like crap it give me a good excuse not to go swimming or take the kids to the park and play football. So for me drinking feels selfish.

Drinking scares me. Having seen my Dad who was a violent alcoholic destroy pretty much every relationship he had, I know I don't want end up that way. Some might say that I don't drink too much but I guess it's all relative really. Seeing my brother going the same way is not pleasant site. All I know is that I'm far from violent and the booze can effect different people in different ways and with me it makes me a very frustrated character the following day.

Asi say this weekend was my 40th and we went away some close family. In the middle of the night I woke up choking and gasping and it took me about 15 seconds to get my breath. It really scared me. My misus said I am like that quite often if I have had a drink no matter how small.

So the reasons for me are pretty simple. I have seen what other people in my family have become throug drink. I am also aware I am capable of many positive things myself if I don't drink so it's a real carrot and stick for me.

The plan is to get to the end of October and take it from there and take stock. So that's me kinda laid bare

Man of Honour
OP
Something refreshing, Tropical Delight :

2 oz coconut milk
3 oz pineapple juice
3 oz mango juice
1 small banana

Peel the banana and place in a blender with the juice and coconut milk.
Add in some ice and blend for 10 seconds.
Pour in a large glass and serve with a straw with a garnish of sliced pineapple on the rim​

Cheers :)

Caporegime
Something refreshing, Tropical Delight :

2 oz coconut milk
3 oz pineapple juice
3 oz mango juice
1 small banana

Peel the banana and place in a blender with the juice and coconut milk.
Add in some ice and blend for 10 seconds.
Pour in a large glass and serve with a straw with a garnish of sliced pineapple on the rim​

Cheers :)

This one is jumping out at me... :D

Back
Top Bottom