Once was blind but now i see

Soldato
a guy at work had lasek a fortnight ago now I think it was, he was doing fine until mid last week when he tried to take his contact lens type dressings off too early, and re-detached the flap, he had to get rushed to hospital to get it sorted. He is an idiot.

Soldato
What was your prescription in each eye OP? Mine is -3.25. To be honest, even if I had the money I'm not sure I could go through with laser treatment. I'm so used to glasses/contacts now that it's just...my life really. The way you describe it sounds pretty horrific! I just always think to myself that I can see with corrective lenses, so do I want to risk my eye site completely to see without that corrective measure. I'm not sure I do, especially not when it costs me lots of money as well. Imagine if it did go wrong. Does it go wrong for people? I heard of some people not liking it afterwards as they got headaches and could not adjust. I have also read of people not having good vision afterwards at night time and getting glare...is that BS?

Soldato
What is/was your eye prescription Cliffy, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost?

I'm -5.0 right / -3.75 left so I'm thinking a couple of grand at least.

Associate
Thanks for the info.

Something I keep wanting to get done, although I think I'd be better off taking the week off work afterwards.

The reason I say that is that we work with a lot of chemicals and fine dust, magnesium being one of them and I would'nt want to risk getting anything in my eye after going through all that.

Regarding the cost, did you pay for it up front or do it on tick?

Soldato
OP
I honestly don't know my presciption. All i can think to give an idea was that if my vision got worse my previous optitians said i wouldn't be able to use rimless glasses any more. It would have cost me just over 3k but as i could make a short notice appt i got around 10% knocked off.

Associate
The videos on YouTube of the procedures doesn't make it look a very pleasant experience. Kind of makes me glad I have good vision anyway... Although I haven't actually had an eye test for 22 years...

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I'm gonna look into this properly by the end of the year. I think it's gonna cost me, but then again I pay £20pm in contact lenses and have been doing for 12+ years now. The 0% options look good too...

Soldato
Can't wait for my eyes to stop changing so i can get this done! Saying that I've grown acustom to wearing glasses...

How old are you op?

edit, nvm checked your profile

Back
Top Bottom