One Plus 9

Caporegime
Bet you they use the same camera module. If they just got that right (great all-rounder) along with the software - I'd likely buy it. Seen a report that OP might use the upcoming SD 870 in some models (marginally slower than the 888, and a bit faster then the 865/+).
Looks like this is coming in March :)

[youtube]94LHDpqcfs8[/youtube]

edit: whats wrong with my youtube link ? anyone tell me what i have done wrong?
I think the tags are [MEDIA].

Soldato
OP seem to be really terrible for updates now - once their flagship becomes 'last year's flagship' software updates lag badly.

Soldato
OP seem to be really terrible for updates now - once their flagship becomes 'last year's flagship' software updates lag badly.
They really do! Am I correct in saying the 7 and 7T Series have only just received the Android 11 Beta? For a manufacturer that is painted as one who was always on point with their updates (generally only bettered by Google themselves) that is VERY slow.

Man of Honour
They really do! Am I correct in saying the 7 and 7T Series have only just received the Android 11 Beta? For a manufacturer that is painted as one who was always on point with their updates (generally only bettered by Google themselves) that is VERY slow.
Apparently there was an issue with the SoC which Qualcomm had to help them out with, they still seem to keep up to date better than most in terms of security updates.

Soldato
Apparently there was an issue with the SoC which Qualcomm had to help them out with, they still seem to keep up to date better than most in terms of security updates.
Fair enough. One of the reasons I was reluctant to sell my 7T Pro back in October was the impending 11 update and since then I never really kept tabs however I'm glad I didn't try and hold out for it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Thinking to upgrade to the 9 series from my 6T as the 8 series was not worth the upgrade. Would love the Pro for the extra specs but it will have a curved screen :(. Why oh why do phone manufacturers put curved on the higher spec phones, so annoying.

Will have to wait to see what the price of the normal 9 is, and if the camera has been improved. Maybe get the 9 Lite for the girlfriend as well.

Soldato

That's what I've found. Don't think I'd buy another OnePlus because of this.

Other than Google's own pixel range do any other manufacturers offer timely Android version updates though?

Soldato
Nokia with their phones that are Android 1. But with most manufacturers only the latest phones will get upgraded within a reasonable time.

Didn't realise Android one was still a thing. Disappointing how few phones and manufactures offer it though.

Don't think any of the Android one handsets out there right now would tempt me away from a Google pixel.

Soldato
Soldato
I like my 8 Pro but the green tinting issue is a joke. I had a replacement screen and although it's far better it's not perfect at low light.
Battery is not great either.
On the other hand, performance is great, camera are great compared to 6T. Daytime the screen is fantastic with 1440p 120Hz
Definitely an upgrade from my 6T worth making, and considering I got it for £470 open box from amazon warehouse I am happy with the purchase. Hopefully will last me a couple of years now

Back
Top Bottom