One Plus Nord

Soldato
For a Non-Gamer I see no reason at all that anybody should go for the 8 over the Nord.

Happy to be corrected though?

The only thing I can think of is the single front camera and the curved edges on the screen. It does make it look slightly more premium.

The other stuff is neither here nor there.

When you consider the UK price (although I paid an import price for my 8), it's just a no brainer to pick the Nord. You could even argue the double camera and flat screen is actually a selling point.

I've got the green 8, my sons got the glow 8 and the mrs is getting a blue Nord. I'll have to compare them all when it arrives. Pleased to see the Nord is using the google dialer and contacts. Really pleased to see how a lot of my recommendations and bug reports are coming to light :cool: Hopefully this filters down across the range, including google messages. Never understood why oneplus took the google apps and skinned them....yet didn't keep pace with the updates. Waste of resources imho.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I knew straight away the depth and macro cameras will be useless. At least the main camera and the ultrawide camera is good to use.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Sure of course. Let me know what specifics you want me to cover as well.
Just the general use, build quality and main/ultrawide camera. Not bothered about the other extra cameras.
And if you do live in a 5G area, that will help too.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
So straight away , initial impressions , it feels like a Google Pixel phone which is a good thing I guess. The 90hz screen does make it very smooth so far in operation. The phone in hand does feel a bit cheap but not completely bad. Still need to get all the bits set up on it and I will have a proper play. Least the UI isn't bloated as the Samsung so far.

Associate
Display quality seems to be very Pixel-esque as well with the AMOLED display. Just paired with the buds I got with it and the sound is alright as well , with depth and a bit of bass using Spotify as the music app.

The phone has already done an update to 10.5.2 and the buds software has updated as well.

Soldato
Considering its mid 2020. New desgined phones should not be having notches or pinholes in the display. I'd get a pop up selfie camera every time for a full screen display.
Even a thicker top bezel over a damn notch. I guess it's one of preference and not everyone is bothered by notches and pinhole camera's cutting into the display.

Soldato
Considering its mid 2020. New desgined phones should not be having notches or pinholes in the display. I'd get a pop up selfie camera every time for a full screen display.
Even a thicker top bezel over a damn notch. I guess it's one of preference and not everyone is bothered by notches and pinhole camera's cutting into the display.
True, but I've never had a notch. So thought I'd experiment.

I'd like a motorised camera, simply because since owning my pixel 2, I've not taken a single front facing photo so any screen space used for a front camera is totally wasted on my. With that said, I have no issue with the pin hole design and think it looks neat. A notch however is pure garbage filth!

Back
Top Bottom