One Plus Nord

Soldato
Unnecessary? The Nord has 6 cameras, you can't tell me that more people need 6 cameras than a headphone jack.
Ha, this is such a good point I totally forgot to mention. It's like those memes nowadays;

Oneplus: "Wut there's no room for headphone jack we need to save space trolol"
Also Oneplus: "Dude let's stick 6 frickin' cameras on it with frickin' laser beams"
:rolleyes:

Wrong. I bet my B&W P7 wireless sound better than the vast majority of wired headphones. Indeed, I sold all my wired headphones, including Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics because the B&W was simply better in every respect as far as I'm concerned.
Well there's no point starting to compare individual models is there, that'll just get ridiculous. I hate over-ear headphones, My wired RHA T20i's with Comply foam tips sound better to me than any expensive branded wireless headphones I've tried...

Do not like using MIUI. Too much bloatware and Ads. Got use to using Android One, prefer the near pixel/stock experiance.
Same. Stock, Android One or OxygenOS for me going forward. I wish Xiaomi would ditch MIUI and just put Android One on all their phones.

Soldato
I don't see it as a downgrade. Will do my needs. I don't play any games on my phone or any editing. Do not use any Social Media apps other then Whatsapp.

It all depends on your needs.

See I never used to until I had my lad, now its a great way of getting my fix with pc time limited. Will see what the reviews are like and probably hold off until black Friday

Caporegime
Ha, this is such a good point I totally forgot to mention. It's like those memes nowadays;

Oneplus: "Wut there's no room for headphone jack we need to save space trolol"
Also Oneplus: "Dude let's stick 6 frickin' cameras on it with frickin' laser beams"
:rolleyes:

Well there's no point starting to compare individual models is there, that'll just get ridiculous. I hate over-ear headphones, My wired RHA T20i's with Comply foam tips sound better to me than any expensive branded wireless headphones I've tried...

Same. Stock, Android One or OxygenOS for me going forward. I wish Xiaomi would ditch MIUI and just put Android One on all their phones.

TBF, I think MIUI is better than the Samsung stuff. I honestly no idea of all the bloat people go on about. Maybe in the past but on MIUI 12, it's fine. Or it is for me, the average user.

Associate

I came from a OP6 to Mi 9T pro and Miui was my biggest worry going to a Xiaomi but it's just as good as Oxygen OS even better once you remove their apps.Certainly don't miss anything about Oxygen OS now and i thought that was the best Android OS.

Soldato
While I've not been looking at a new phone yet (my OnePlus 3T is still serving me well), the Nord looks like a worthy upgrade without breaking the bank.

Associate
While I've not been looking at a new phone yet (my OnePlus 3T is still serving me well), the Nord looks like a worthy upgrade without breaking the bank.

Good time to strike would be when those eBay discount codes come out. Or maybe importing it a month or 2 later.

Literally the first thing on the product page:
although i do understand your frustration (i currently have similar problems with the pixel dropping the finger print reader for face unlock amongst other things) you didn't disprove @AndyCr15 wrong, you actually showed what he said to be correct.
I don't think anyone claims it has all the bells and whistles.

was what Andy said, and then you quoted OnePlus as saying

PRETTY MUCH everything you could ask for.

Associate
Everything about the Nord is perfectly fine, great even.

But it’s not Google. For all their sins and seemingly failure to deliver flagship devices, there are only two brands of phone I’d get: Apple (of which I currently have) and Google (which I plan on getting later in the year). Only two I could personally trust to deliver me with regular updates over the duration of my phone use.

Power of the brand is strong unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom