OnePlus One.

Associate
Mine is coming up to two years old and buggy as ever.
If it wasn't for the frequent rebooting it would have been a great phone.
Battery is loosing capacity as expected.
Still feels as snappy and quick as the day I bought it though.

Soldato
Soldato
CyanogenMod closing down :( No more updates for me then I guess

Anyone know of a decent, reliable ROM that I can install that have quite quick updates on Android?

Man of Honour
anyne used a company to put a new battery in it?

also any idea what the issue would be on this, signal is fine and strong, untill I got somewhere with no signal. Then it wont reconnect to signal unless I reboot the phone ?
should realy buy a new phone, but dont want to spend money.

Associate
anyne used a company to put a new battery in it?

also any idea what the issue would be on this, signal is fine and strong, untill I got somewhere with no signal. Then it wont reconnect to signal unless I reboot the phone ?
should realy buy a new phone, but dont want to spend money.

Same situation, I must have had this phone for going on 2 1/2 years now.
Still silky smooth and fast, battery even holds good charge still, but I've got the same signal reconnection issue.
Regardless of os build, it will go through a few months where it refuses to reestablish mobile data or signal. Rebooting sorts it every time, tried numerous things but never really sorted it. I've just got used to the routine now.

Temped by a new one, but there's still so much I still like about it. A £270 phone that has been in service longer than any of my previous flag ship smart phones.

Soldato
Soldato
I get this also

Especially with data, it usually won't reconnect to any mobile data service, but wifi will still work
I also get crashes of the phone on occasion, but like you guys I don't really want to upgrade yet if I can help it!

Soldato
Mines still going, back is a bit cracked battery is hit and miss some days seems fine others it seems to drop real quick mines only around 20 months as I got it when it was cheap just before the op2 came out. Thinking about changing but the price of the 3 puts me off a little

Soldato
I got mine July 2014 and it's still going strong, easily the best phone I've ever had.
Obviously battery isn't great but I just feel there's no need to upgrade, there's nothing out there apart from a better camera that I really want.

Soldato
I had really dodgy signal when going from a good>bad>good area, phone would just sit there with an exclamation mark next to signal icon.

But now running Lineage, I don't think it has done it yet? Used to do it a lot when driving around countryside places, very annoying!
I'm on VF too, so don't get full 4g coverage sadly. Love it when I do though!

Soldato
Yes, I'm on the latest nightly.
Battery life seems a touch better than when it was on CM, still very epic given the phones age and battery degradation.
No problems to report, very very very occasional reboots, I had those with CM as well though, probably more down my app usage etc.
Not a lot to say about it, very fast as it's always been.
I never tweak kernels etc, so I'm sure I could do more if I wanted too, but I mostly put linage on as loosing signal was getting more prevalent, I thought the phone was faulty :(

Man of Honour
trying to do this

1. Make sure your computer has working adb. Setup instructions can be found here.

2. Download the LineageOS install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
    • Optionally, download 3rd party application packages like Google Apps
  3. Place the LineageOS .zip package, as well as any other .zip packages on the root of /sdcard:
    • Using adb: adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
    • You can use any method you are comfortable with. adb is universal across all devices, and works both in Android and recovery mode, providing USB debugging is enabled.
  4. If you aren’t already in recovery, boot into recovery:
    • With the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
  5. (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
  6. Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
  7. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
  8. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install.
  9. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
  10. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
  11. (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
  12. (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS su add-on or using any other method you prefer.
  13. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.

I get stuck on step 5, got cyanogen recovery at top. But have no wipe, or backup options.
just have
reboot system now
apply update > apply from adb or choose from emulation (neither option do anything)
Factory reset
Advanced > reboot recovery
----reboot to bootloader
---- view recovery logs
---- power off

edit - got it installed, now trying to get gapps installed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom