OnePlus One.

Associate
OK so an update with my OPO:

I'd been complaining about the multitouch issues but since turning off the swipe keyboard function on the stock CM keyboard and increasing the delay for holding keys to get symbols, I've been experiencing far less problems and its settled down a bit. Its actually useable. I still can't type anywhere near as quick as I can on the iPhone's screen but it does the job.

Besides this, my findings are:
+ Excellent screen, no yellow banding and autobrightness that actually works properly
+ Battery life is about as good as my Note 3's was, I get a full working-day use out of it with a good few hours of screen-on time.
+ Consistently good camera performance. Not sure it's as good as the iPhone 5S' camera but its pretty damn close
+ 64gb of storage is a nice thing to have, syncing all my Spotify playlists offline is great
+ Excellent all-round performance

- Multitouch bug is present
- Wired headset problems/bugs - when a call comes in I can't talk through the headset if music has been playing (it keeps playing)
- Call quality could be better
- The ridiculous invite system

Overall, if they fix the multitouch bug then I'd have no problem recommending this phone.

Soldato
OK so an update with my OPO:

I'd been complaining about the multitouch issues but since turning off the swipe keyboard function on the stock CM keyboard and increasing the delay for holding keys to get symbols, I've been experiencing far less problems and its settled down a bit. Its actually useable. I still can't type anywhere near as quick as I can on the iPhone's screen but it does the job.

Besides this, my findings are:
+ Excellent screen, no yellow banding and autobrightness that actually works properly
+ Battery life is about as good as my Note 3's was, I get a full working-day use out of it with a good few hours of screen-on time.
+ Consistently good camera performance. Not sure it's as good as the iPhone 5S' camera but its pretty damn close
+ 64gb of storage is a nice thing to have, syncing all my Spotify playlists offline is great
+ Excellent all-round performance

- Multitouch bug is present
- Wired headset problems/bugs - when a call comes in I can't talk through the headset if music has been playing (it keeps playing)
- Call quality could be better
- The ridiculous invite system

Overall, if they fix the multitouch bug then I'd have no problem recommending this phone.

The multi touch and bad keyboard are two different things.
The multi touch is a bad earth. Plug the usb lead in and try 10 fingers with and with out the usb cable.

The keyboard they think is a driver problem. But 1+ haven't said a thing.
Still no RMA number for me :mad:

Soldato
Do you think this phone is worth the cost of upgrading from a Nexus 4? or should I wait for Nexus 6?

Well to be honest I have the upgrade itch but not sure if I really need an upgrade. :p

I don't play games on my phone, aside from the basics all I do really is:

- minimal web browsing
- facebook / twitter
- youtube / twitch
- read magazines on google play newstand / comics
- take photos / videos

I might watch TV shows / movies on my phone for travelling etc if the screen was big enough and the battery wasn't hammered. And I also might listen to music on my phone but currently only have 8gb storage on Nexus 4 and sound quality isn't that great.

The 64gb version of this phone costs £216 (?), if I could get £100 from selling my Nexus 4 it may be worth it. Hmmmm...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Associate
Anyone use the express service for delivery in the Uk, what company delivers the phone and how long roughly did it take to arrive.

I placed an order on Saturday 6th for the phone using express and it states processing.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I did, came via DHL, took a week, ordered on the 7th Aug delivered on the 14th. :)

Oh and mine still said processing for a couple of days after it was delivered.

Soldato
so thanks to generosity of Jake_657, just placed an order for one.

Do you owners use any sort of case for OPO? I've always had case for my phones, but OPO just seems too big even without one, so should I even bother?

also any people who used both OPO and LG G2? which one did you keep in the end and why?

Back
Top Bottom