OnePlus X

Caporegime
If it's like facebook notifications, the phone seems to display them whenever it wants :D

It seems to never display them :(. I get the text message from Three, but nothing on the phone to indicate that theres a Voicemail, which means as soon as I dismiss the text notification I forget its there :(

Associate
Anyone updated to 2.1.3?

Not 100% sure where i read it but doesnt this update also bring a whole host of other problems. Going to wait a bit for I do it.

Soldato
Mines now on ebay for sale, great hardware, pathetic software

far too buggy for a daily driver

Now using a Nexus 5x.....although an extra £100, it's in another league

Soldato
What bugs? I've found none.

The 5X is £150 more and not worth it.

(and the OPX doen't have a wonky screen :p :rolleyes: :D)

OPX £208
N5X £299

That's £91 by my maths :D

You've not found any bugs? Seriously!

No SD card for the camera and the constant vibrating on voice calls for a start. Hit and miss notifications, bluetooth not fully supported (well, sometimes it works, sometimes it half works). This is just my own personal experiences with it.

Comparing to the N5X is just laughable. It really is in another league. Everything works for a start :D

Soldato
OPX £208
N5X £299

No SD card for the camera and the constant vibrating on voice calls for a start. Hit and miss notifications, bluetooth not fully supported (well, sometimes it works, sometimes it half works). This is just my own personal experiences with it.

Comparing to the N5X is just laughable. It really is in another league. Everything works for a start :D

I think you must have had a duff phone. None of those issues on mine.

Soldato
N5X is in different price bracket, it should be better

It should, but I would also expect even for £200 the phone should not be a beta experience

The thing is, the hardware and design are absolutely spot on. I love the look and feel of it, and the screen being amoled is fantastic

Maybe in another year with various iterations of the rom it will be great, but i don't have the time

Last edited:
Caporegime
OPX £208
N5X £299

So you've artificially inflated the price of the X and used a discounted price for the 5X to try and justify your decision :p?

Use RRP, £199 vs £339 for 16GB models, so £140 difference.

And if its sooooo much better, why is your first post in the 5X thread complaining that the screen is wonky ;)? Sounds like a quality control issue :D

Soldato
So you've artificially inflated the price of the X and used a discounted price for the 5X to try and justify your decision :p?

And if its sooooo much better, why is your first post in the 5X thread complaining that the screen is wonky ;)? Sounds like a quality control issue :D

well for a start oneplus don't do free delivery (not that I know of anyway), but you are right about the n5x rrp. I just looked on two major sites and saw the £299 price :D

I'm still not sure about my wonky screen, maybe my eyes are wonky lol

Associate
OPX £208
N5X £299

No SD card for the camera and the constant vibrating on voice calls for a start.

The only way I can get it to vibrate in calls is to cover the sensor and double tap the screen. Sounds like a dodgy handset unless your ear was somehow tapping the screen.

You also had problems with the ambient diplay but that was just you waving your hand over the screen instead of the sensor.. :p

Caporegime
Sounds a bug to me :p

Not one that's unique to the X though. The Bluetooth issue I've had is also shared by a lot of other Android users on different phones.

I've got one OPX specific annoyance, which is that swiping down from the right of the screen pulls the setting shade down rather than just the notification one, but other than that there's been no issues that I can attribute to the device itself, and I'm £140 better off than I would have been had I bought the 5X (which I was all geared up and ready to do, until they announced it and I was filled with "Meh" and disappointment).

Last edited:
Associate
I've got one OPX specific annoyance, which is that swiping down from the right of the screen pulls the setting shade down rather than just the notification one, but other than that there's been no issues that I can attribute to the device itself, and I'm £140 better off than I would have been had I bought the 5X (which I was all geared up and ready to do, until they announced it and I was filled with "Meh" and disappointment).

I have a Nova gesture set to swipe down from the home screen for notifications + up for Chrome. Does the job.

Soldato

Speaking as someone who has both the OnePlus X (my wife has it) and a 5X which I use as a daily I would say I am much more disappointed with the 5X. I've been suffering from major lag issues unless I reboot every day, as have many people and it's probably the most disappointing phone I've purchased in years. I expected a Nexus device to be buttery smooth. If I could return it now I would but it's too late and hopefully a few software upgrades will fix it. Poor mrk is fed up of me moaning about lag on WhatsApp I think now. :D

The OnePlus X we have only been using properly for a week or so, but considering it was £140 less than my 32GB 5X (who would buy a 16GB one?) so far I think it's an amazing bargain. The fact she hasn't moaned about it yet tells me a lot, when I worked for a telco and luckily had free reign of every single device she would constantly make me change her phone because of small issues she didn't like. I've not had a single complaint about the OnePlus X yet apart from the fact not all of her contacts were in Google!

Back
Top Bottom