OnePlus X

Soldato
Why am I trying too hard? Do you mean the LG G2 battery comparison? This is my current phone so I do tend to include it when comparing phones, but all my other points stand, including AC wifi.

I'm aware the SD801 does AC wifi but I can't find any mention of AC in the oneplus X specs. Could it have used a cheaper antenna?

Soldato
I'm not after any phones as I'm disappointed in what 2015 has brought, so I can wait.

It's a good phone for 200 quid but it's not a Nexus 5 upgrade.
Your in the same situation I was in when I had my S3 LTE. Nothing on offer was a worthwhile upgrade until The Nexus 6 for me . 2016 should be a good year for phones.

Soldato
It maybe not a Nexus 5 upgrade, but the screen alone make it a damn good replacement as an interim measure.

Yes the screen does look nice from the reviews I've seen.

Your in the same situation I was in when I had my S3 LTE. Nothing on offer was a worthwhile upgrade until The Nexus 6 for me . 2016 should be a good year for phones.

hope so!

Caporegime
It's a good phone for 200 quid but it's not a Nexus 5 upgrade.

But from what I can tell, there isn't anything that is a good Nexus 5 upgrade for around the price the Nexus 5 came out at. Everything worthy is much more expensive.

For £200, this seems a no brainier? My current N5 is amazing, but its broken. My choice is basically a OnePlus X or another N5. All of your list of missing features are also missing from the N5 (with the exception of wireless charging, which I'll admit is actually going to be a bit annoying).

Last edited:
Soldato
But from what I can tell, there isn't anything that is a good Nexus 5 upgrade for around the price the Nexus 5 came out at. Everything worthy is much more expensive.

For £200, this seems a no brainier? My current N5 is amazing, but its broken. My choice is basically a OnePlus X or another N5. All of your list of missing features are also missing from the N5 (with the exception of wireless charging, which I'll admit is actually going to be a bit annoying).

as said, it's a good option for a broken N5, just not upgrade worthy.

Associate
Not sure whether this is better than the Wileyfox Storm or not. Sure, the Storm has an older CPU but looking at device benchmarks there difference is marginal. Add on the fact that the Wileyfox support is UK based and it uses Cyanogen OS I'm not sure it's that clear cut. Someone, please, tell me what the obvious is that I'm missing??

Soldato
Not sure whether this is better than the Wileyfox Storm or not. Sure, the Storm has an older CPU but looking at device benchmarks there difference is marginal. Add on the fact that the Wileyfox support is UK based and it uses Cyanogen OS I'm not sure it's that clear cut. Someone, please, tell me what the obvious is that I'm missing??

For a start I much prefer the look of the OnePlus, and second, it has an OLED display.

Caporegime
krooton, the invites that are sent out can only be redeemed on an account using the email address the invite was sent to.

as said, it's a good option for a broken N5, just not upgrade worthy.

Yeah this is a side move, rather than an upgrade, as there isn't anything out there worth upgrading to for under £350, and I don't have that floating about (or any desire to spend that much on something that's out dated in 12 months even if I did).

Ordered a OnePlus X :)

Back
Top Bottom