Online Side-Hustles

Soldato
OP
How did you do it? It sounds to me like you were put off by some thing without giving it a proper chance.

It literally ticks all your boxes: relaxed at home, extra pocket money, do it whenever you want.

If I told you you could make £700 by the ebd of March and I'd help you with the first couple of bets, would you want to give it a go?

You can always say no later on, but at least give it a chance :)

Honestly... I think you're right...

When I did it a few years back I was using this automated site which gave you exactly which bets to place etc., and it was taking advantage of a lot of free bet offers for new registrations.

£700 in a month though? Is that right? I feel like I barely made £200 when I did it in the past?

If that is accurate, I will certainly look into reading more about it again (It was so long ago that I did it I wouldn't know where the hell to start!)

I will put a bit of time aside this evening to flick through the Matched Betting thread :)

Caporegime
Honestly... I think you're right...

When I did it a few years back I was using this automated site which gave you exactly which bets to place etc., and it was taking advantage of a lot of free bet offers for new registrations.

£700 in a month though? Is that right? I feel like I barely made £200 when I did it in the past?

If that is accurate, I will certainly look into reading more about it again (It was so long ago that I did it I wouldn't know where the hell to start!)

I will put a bit of time aside this evening to flick through the Matched Betting thread :)

I'll put money on that site being Profit Accumulator. Absolute rubbish. And yes, provided you still have enough accounts to open and £200 to start with, you can make £700 profit before the month is over. And that's tax free gambling winnings so no declaring, no registering, no tax. Easy peasy.

Soldato
OP
I'll put money on that site being Profit Accumulator. Absolute rubbish. And yes, provided you still have enough accounts to open and £200 to start with, you can make £700 profit before the month is over. And that's tax free gambling winnings so no declaring, no registering, no tax. Easy peasy.

It looks different but it’s probably just been modernised since I used it - I wouldn’t be surprised if that was it.

I will definitely check out the thread this evening and take a look though - so thanks for your input :)

I still think I’m going to try my hand at a job or 2 with the CAD stuff on PeoplePerHour - I could do with dusting the cobwebs off my CAD experience anyway since I no longer use it in my actual job anymore :p

Soldato
Having done audio transcribing as part of my salaried job in the early days as well as a bit on the side (at much more than min wage!) I wouldn't bother. Having also done matched betting, I'd go back to that long before even considering typing

Associate
I did medical audio transcribing, which generally pays a bit better than regular audio typing and is a bit more interesting. There was one company who had a good set up where I averaged about £11 per hour (any specific hour could net £6 to £21). They eventually folded, and the alternative companies were not impressive - always gaming their freelancers out of pay by directing you to type in misc note sections that aren't included in your line count, or paying per audio minute, which their clients game by speeding up recordings/talking at 100 mph and stringing multiple small documents that needed to be generated/formatted in to just one recording, ensuring the freelancer gets paid a pittance.

Audio quality is also an increasing issue, as are challenging accents and poor English on behalf of the speaker.

I did a test for one site that transcribed multi-speaker interviews/group panels, and it was even worse: a cacophony of voices overlapping and wildly varying volumes of each speaker, and the transcription company expected you to sort it and even transcribe the pauses, laughter, interruptions, and IIRC time stamp everything. I think it'd have taken me a full working day to transcribe about half an hour of that garbage and probably netted me about £2 ph. Needless to say I abandoned that application.

I might have to look in to matched betting as well - certainly sounds intriguing.

Soldato
Just to utter another thought, it doesn't tick your home box but if I was after a second earning I'd do Deliveroo or Uber. Flexible, different, and fitness/good people watching respectively. I know a guy who earns quite a bit doing Uber, certainly more than he did as a qualified paramedic (wouldn't be for me though, he basically does the 6pm-5am garbage).

I earned loads at university answering text in questions for AQA, presume they're dead now but I averaged about £20ph which as a student 10 years ago was amazing. I'd often get in from a night out ****** and earn back my spend in 20 mins.

Unfortunately there's no easy/quick buck so it needs to be something you enjoy too.

Soldato
@Diddums fancy talking me through it? Have a fairly decent understanding of odds already having worked in a bookies quite some years back.

Only issue is I've had my fair share of accounts already I believe.

Caporegime
@Diddums fancy talking me through it? Have a fairly decent understanding of odds already having worked in a bookies quite some years back.

Only issue is I've had my fair share of accounts already I believe.

Yeah this is my issue too. Presumably you miss a lot without introductory offers?

There are guaranteed profit offers every week which can all be done in an hour:

Skybet: Bet 25, get 5.
Coral: Bet £25 get £10 (£5 in store, £5 online).
Paddy: Bet 5x£10, get £10.

There are more, these are every week, so that's already a few beer tokens every week guaranteed. The bookies will also throw other offers at you and then there's the ones with triggers, like a horse finishing second for a refund. These are all reloads and are on every single day so even if you have most accounts, there's still money to be made.

This is a small taster of guaranteed profit at the moment:

wCvAFPW.png

Soldato
How are you avoiding losing your accounts Diddums? I'm wondering if I should start this up again in the Mrs name

Caporegime
This matched betting malarkey sounds intriguing... Enlighten me

You make a bet and you match it by laying on an exchange in such a way that no matter the outcome of the event you're betting on you lose the same small amount. In doing so you can take advantage of offers from bookies as the small amount you lose is generally more than off set by the promotional free bet/whatever offer they're giving you.

Associate
So in a nutshell; you bet on City winning, and you bet on City losing, and then you get the free bet amount, place a 'proper' bet, and make your money by just rinsing all the free bet promos until you have a winning bet?

Soldato
I've been looking into it and have come across a site TakeNoteTyping.

I worked for them for a while. I'm pretty good typist and it's not easy.

Takes a while to get used to the exact format they want and some of the audio quality will drive you insane. It's been a while now, but it didn't work out to a great hourly rate.

On the plus side it was very flexible. I'd get an email every morning with jobs available and you just reply with the one you want, if you want one at all (you can see how much audio is in each job)

Plus you could sit there at your PC with a nice cup of coffee and type away in your jim jams :D

Soldato
You make a bet and you match it by laying on an exchange in such a way that no matter the outcome of the event you're betting on you lose the same small amount. In doing so you can take advantage of offers from bookies as the small amount you lose is generally more than off set by the promotional free bet/whatever offer they're giving you.

Do you use a certain website for your bets then?

Caporegime
Do you use a certain website for your bets then?

Well various bookies that have free bet or similar promotional offers and then you lay at a betting exchange i.e. betfair or smarkets.

Plenty of guides out there - sites like oddsmonkey and profit accumulator have been mentioned a lot on here.

Soldato
Well various bookies that have free bet or similar promotional offers and then you lay at a betting exchange i.e. betfair or smarkets.

Plenty of guides out there - sites like oddsmonkey and profit accumulator have been mentioned a lot on here.

Sorry yeah I meant a site like profit accumulator.

I am going to look into this thanks.

Back
Top Bottom