Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Hahaha, my GF does'nt know what anything is relating to hardware and stuff.

I say to her, you buy your hand bags and clothes and let me deal with the pc side of things... Its the only way to do things these days :p

Slight update on my last overclock that's on the P4 table.

Held back by mobo!!!

4.2spi2.jpg

Watercooled.

MSI 865PE neo2 plat. (poop)
Adata PC3200 RAM (poop)
Enermax 465w (smoked poop)

Last edited:
Opteron 144 CACJE 0602 GPMW @ 3015.2MHz - 9x335 - 1.425v

Built this rig wednesday morning and had it over 3GHz by midday! Still can't quite believe I'm getting this speed on air?!?

Left it churning double prime when I went to work this morning and was amazed to find it running with no errors when i got home. Chuffed.

Here's what's keeping it all together...

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe - Bios 1009
Arctic Cooling - Freezer 64 Pro
2x512MB Geil PC3200DDR @ 215.4MHz /14 - 2.5-4-4-8 1T - 2.8v
MSI NX6800GS - 256MB DDR3 - 520MHz core clock - 1.2GHz memory clock
2x Western Digital WDJ120 SATA-150 Drives in RAID0
Seasonic S12-500 PSU
Cooler Master ATCS with 3 Arctic Cooling AF8025s and an Arctic Fan 8

CPU-Z Validator

Screenies on my Blog

Tagan U22 580w psu ;) Dual 12v rails with 20A on each or you can switch to single 12v line mode with over 40A on the single rail. Brilliant psu for the money. Definatly buy one.

exo, Welcome to the Forums :)

What an Opty you got there mate. Was it bought from OcUK? Can you get anymore out of it? How is the board for you? Why did you get this one over a DFI NF4 board?

Great overclock and top work :)

Bennah said:
exo, Welcome to the Forums :)

What an Opty you got there mate. Was it bought from OcUK? Can you get anymore out of it? How is the board for you? Why did you get this one over a DFI NF4 board?

Great overclock and top work :)

It was bought OEM from Sc... another UK retailer :P I had it running Prime at 3.1; it did an hour or so with no errors, just as I quit out windows hung.

Was chuffed with a stable 3 so haven't tried for anymore as yet, still trying to get my head around all the memory timings! Looking to get some fast TCCD memory on pay day and see what she'll do with that.

I read up on the DFI and was impressed with the board and its bios but as my main requirement is for stability (I was hoping for 2.2!), the 8 phase power of the Asus coupled with my S12 won the day (I also like the pretty heatpipe and overkill x32 PCIE lane).

I also think that unless you're running uber cooling, and some BH5 needing 3V+ the bios of the Asus is (dare i say it) on par to the DFI. It was simple and straight forward to set up and has all the tweaks I could wish for.

I've had her to bits again today and sleeved the PSU, some pics on my Blog if anyone's interested.

You got a good one there :)

The Asus seems to be the safer option I guess, but Im still going to go with the DFI again. My 5th DFI NF4 board Ive owned. Got to love them.

Good to see that you got your Asus board working on song though. Lets hope that you get better results once you get some nice TCCD. Good luck with the new mem, which ever you get.

Good job with the psu sleeving. I did the same with my Antec True Control back in the day, it made a huge effect to the appreance of it. Definatly worth doing it, if you have the time.

Dup said:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=78576

My first real OC with an Athlon. Runs great so far apart from prime showing an error instantly. I can run fear on full settings for a good while without a hickup. Still, untill I come accross an error, It'll do :)

you might also benefit from using your ram on a divider, you seem to be running your 400mhz ram at 470mhz! a wicked overclock but will add to instability, especially in prime.

My RAM is actually PC3500 LL Pro RAM, which should be able to do that speed no sweat.

I have tried dividers and 3-4-4-8 timings but at that OC it still dosen't prime well. Either prime hates my RAM or my memory controller is capoot. That or my Antec Neopower is ust not up to it. Gaming etc dosen't seem to mind. I'm gonna take the money shot later and see how it behaves.

Thanks for the reply guys. Nice friendly forums we have here with some good knowledge :)

I'm running an Asus A8N SLi Premium, not the best for high voltage OCing. ATM I have no pushed it to 1.55v and it primed 2 mins stable before I quit, which is a breakthrough.

When I repair my boot drive (stupid cat) I will see how much it will prime over night then go from there.

What am I likely to get...?

OK, I am still doing a lowly XP-M and seeing as I didn't make it on the board even though I tied with the bottom with the XP-M's, I am just about to start again...

I now have:

Water cooling with intercooler and external water loop (modded Thermaltake kit with extras)
Abit AN7 last issue
2600 XP-M which cruises at 2500
DDR400 Corsair 2x512

The MSI board blew a cap before and the A7V333 hates the XP-M so decided on a AN7 over the NF7 or DFI Ultra II simply as the AN was cheaper than its near identical bro the NF, apperently it can up the FSB to 300 and has more detailed control over voltages and also it can poke 2.2V at an XP chip.

So I will get somewhere, or kill the chip trying...

Back
Top Bottom