Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Associate
Brwmogazos said:
Come on lads...its been ages since we last saw a change in the top cpu clock tables...keep overclocking :)

Well, I've been saving this one, but I may as well post it, maybe it will jump start things again.

3550mhz2.gif

Please note that this is a different Opteron chip to the one I already have in the table. This is a CABYE 0543FPMW. :)

Also, I don't mean to be fussy, but my 3700 should be at the top of the 64 table with 3471mhz. ;)

Associate
matt100 said:
I'm sure I read opterons had quite bad coldbug problems? Those clocks are awesome!

Thanks matt. :)

Some have a worse bug than others. CAB2Es for example cold bug at around -5c on average. Both my CABYE 0543FPMW and CABNE 0530APMW have been fine to -30c on my Mach II. On better cooling however the likelyhood is even these steppings would eventually bug.

Associate
I've 3dmarked it to 3.4Ghz, but I've yet to push it higher than that for 3d benching. It would possibly do 3d at higher speeds with more volts (at 1.664v in screenshot).

3dmark05_13k1.gif

3.5Ghz 1m has been just out of reach so far however.

Associate
I'm on an unmodded Mach II GT. :)

I would've liked to get some mods done soon, however as I've just had to shell out for a new laptop it doesn't look like it's going to happen for some time now. :(

Soldato
Bennah said:
Shame...

Some mods done to that GT and it could be a serious single phaser. Not saying it isnt now.

Any plans to get a Dual core Opty under that GT ?

My 4400 is going under my new vapo LS on Sunday all being well :)

Associate
I'd love to go dual core. It would really help me compete a bit better in 3dmark06. Even with a 3.4Ghz single core I'm getting trounced by dual cores in that. However, cash is tight the the moment, so maybe during the summer I'll make the leep to dual core.

I'm looking forward to your results by the way matt. I've seen your 06 scores on water which are very impressive, so here's hoping for 10k under phase. :D

Soldato
Kesnel said:
I'd love to go dual core. It would really help me compete a bit better in 3dmark06. Even with a 3.4Ghz single core I'm getting trounced by dual cores in that. However, cash is tight the the moment, so maybe during the summer I'll make the leep to dual core.

I'm looking forward to your results by the way matt. I've seen your 06 scores on water which are very impressive, so here's hoping for 10k under phase. :D

I hear you. Once I get some money together, Im going to get a single phaser. For now I would have to build my next rig on air.

Looknig forward to see what your X2 4400 does under the LS. Good luck with that :)

Soldato
Cheers!

Just picked up some bh5 for benching too which is allegedly good for 260+ at 2-2-2-5 so as long as the new res turns up today/tomorrow I'll be chopping and fitting on Sunday and benching the living daylights out of it.

Soldato
I'll probably get to -5 and it'll pack up... lol

No worries, I'll just go and buy some more :D

EDIT:

w00t!!!! Wifey tells me a package just turned up with a plastic box and some rubber in it..

ok then, thats be a new res and some neoprene :rolleyes:

Women.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got that last week, I'm ready to go! I was giving her a quick rolleyes for knowing nothing about extreme cooling, I mean for gods sake has she been living under a rock?

;)

Back
Top Bottom