Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

2.8 @ 3.43 on Air, 2gb DDR400 elixir dual channel 5:4strapping...
3429.jpg

Well... Dropped my HTx to 3x... Was doing jussst fine passing 310Mhz...

311 = Lockup = Fried RAM = :confused:

then I realised that for some magical reason the HTx was still at 4x :S

*shrug* I'll just get me a Gig or 4 of that Muskin Redline DDR4400 stuff and cam it on the DFI which be arriving tomorrow :D

screenies when I get it clocked tto silly-speeds :cool:
--I suppose the next step is Watercooling... Muhahahaha

matt100 said:
you put people up to it but do you pay up when something goes wrong?

oh no...

well I hope you're happy with yourself ;)

If we didn't blow up PC's for fun how could we call ourselves overclockers?

The RAM was nicely duff though... luckily I had some more XMS TwinX Pro goodness waiting to be e-bayed so I crammed that in there....

anyways... I managed to get it all up and playing ball... and got this suicide screenie for the joy of all... this is all still on my Freezer 64 Pro.. though with a fan added to pull cooler air from elsewhere in the case :D

holyfuck3gig9zv.jpg

Muhahaha.

One day I might test it at that... but seeing as I have exams comming, I think i'll have to knock back to 24/7 for a while :(

Just thought i'd stick mine on here for the fun of it :)

its been clocked on an Asus P5WD2 Premium

CPUZ4_05.JPG

Edit: forgot to mention its watercooled, 120.3 Rad and Swiftech Appogee CPU Clock

P.S. I noticed in the intel table, the column that i assume is ment to be FSB says FSV :eek:

I got into windows with a Venice 3000+ @ 2700mhz (900mhz increase)

Motherboard BIOS FSB limit 300 so I couldn't go any faster :(

Only unstable cause the Northbridge was overheating at stock voltage, gonna stick a Jing Ting Force Chipset cooler on it and see whether I can get it to Prime.

Only problem is finding a Jing Ting.

oceaness said:
Motherboard BIOS FSB limit 300 so I couldn't go any faster :(

What Motherboard you gots? on my A8N-SLi (not even delux :( ) I'm having real trouble pushing FSB above 300 (where it's rock-stable), it'll boot up to around 302, then it'll die a horrid non-booting death. :mad:

I've just completed Watercooling it all, (inc. Nbridge) so i'm gonna see if it helps at all *crosses fingers*

still... i'm happy with getting the same core to 3Ghz on a A8N-SLi Premium for the time being.. and that was on air cooling and stock NBridge cooler :D

At least you can get above 300 ;)

It was a Foxconn Winfast somthing or other that came in a bundle deal from (whoops, forgot you can't use shop names) with the 3000+ Venice for just over £100.

With the FSB at 300 it failed Prime after a short blend torture. The memory was operating at 192mhz and it's standard timings, so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't cause it to fail, I can't remember the CPU voltage but it could probably have done with a little more, but again the motherboard limit (am thinking of modding the chip with some extra voltage). I'm still pretty sure it was just the chipset needing a little extra cooling then a little extra voltage.

The extra 900mhz and max voltage on the CPU and RAM was all with just the stock cooling.
Watercooling is not a viable option as it's not my PC.
My main rig is watercooled but the motherboard has very little overlocking options and I can only get a little extra out of it :(

Last edited:
Upping the Nbridge is my next step, but that means I gotta wip out the soldiering iron.. and well... you know... effort :(

for the time being, has anyone beat 3Ghz on the 3000+?

I wanna know wether i have to go for dry Ice or LN2 to get the top spot :P

Mikebert4 said:
Upping the Nbridge is my next step, but that means I gotta wip out the soldiering iron.. and well... you know... effort :(

for the time being, has anyone beat 3Ghz on the 3000+?

I wanna know wether i have to go for dry Ice or LN2 to get the top spot :P

LOL, i had a 3ghz 3000 this time last year.

3.4ghz suicide shot :) 0512 chip she was

Mine's 0518, I think the sweet spot's between 0510 and 1520, not sure exactly which week.

I'm getting some benching done on phase before my friend sells his Mach2

after that I think that DICE or LN2 is what i'll be needing... still... i'll see if i can get 3Ghz stable on Water before i move onto the bigger toys :D

My First Attempt at an Overclock, how'd I do?

overclock.JPG

CPU is Opteron 144 CAB1E 0614 under Alphacool Nexxxos XP in 1/2" ID Loop. Prime ran for 6 hours while I was out, and no problems so far!

Recieving my Ultra-D tomorrow, will try and push it up a bit further.

ed- that Temp on Everest isnt really correct, while Prime was still runing it was at 39'c :)

Back
Top Bottom