Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

matt100 said:
can I bask in glory for a brief second before welshtom, mr mister, kesnel and all the "buy me first place" fx60 owners come and stomp on me ;)

For the record its mach2 gt chilly1 cooled with stupid volts in it :D

Hehe, the FX60's would go into the FX section I think. I take it its only validated shots or suicide shots.

I actually thought it was a custom chilly1 single phaser, not a Mach II GT with a chilly1 head. Not saying its bad or anything. Still going to do what you want :D

matt100 said:
can I bask in glory for a brief second before welshtom, mr mister, kesnel and all the "buy me first place" fx60 owners come and stomp on me ;)

For the record its mach2 gt chilly1 cooled with stupid volts in it :D

heh, lap it up while it lasts. My chip has plenty left in it. Just you wait. Now all i need is a new mobo.:o

weescott said:
My motherboard started to clock backwards when I got to 300HTT D'oh!

Do I remember correctly you're using a Gigabyte board?

The last Gigabyte I had killed 3 of the 4 RAM slots after I'd been running it at 340HTT. :o

Dreadi said:
whats temps you getting with that and depending on what board you have now/ plan to get

well, the bios is reporting around 40 idle, havent checked load, but I put an alarm on for 60 in the bios so im not too worried. I heard that the DFI boards are the best clockers?

Kesnel said:
Do I remember correctly you're using a Gigabyte board?

Yip, a GA-K8NF-9

Had another go:

2999.jpg

I got to 3ghz then BSOD. Will try my new PSU again tonight.

Last edited:
Hi....thanks....no have not tried to prime at 3ghz as it would get to hot as only on air....run it 24/[email protected] stock and bench @ 2.8ghz...thought i'd try to see if i could get to 3ghz...and to my suprise it did....don't really know how high are safe temps are for one of these as only got it just over a week ago i have not let it get above 47c. :)

1st overclock of my Opty 170 since installing it.
My 2x1gig sticks of Ballistix PC4000 seem to have died so having to use my 2x512meg sticks of Gskill PC4800 at the moment.
Seems Prime stable as did a dual run of SP2004 for nearly 7 hours no errors.

Yoos-Dual-Opty-3ghz-Overclock.jpg

Plenty of headroom left I'm sure but it will do thus far ;)

That's on a DFI SLI-DR mobo.

YooEntSinMeROYT said:
1st overclock of my Opty 170 since installing it.
My 2x1gig sticks of Ballistix PC4000 seem to have died so having to use my 2x512meg sticks of Gskill PC4800 at the moment.
Seems Prime stable as did a dual run of SP2004 for nearly 7 hours no errors.

Plenty of headroom left I'm sure but it will do thus far ;)

That's on a DFI SLI-DR mobo.

Nice clock. :)

What stepping is it? Have you had any problem with the cold bug?

Kesnel said:
Nice clock. :)

What stepping is it? Have you had any problem with the cold bug?

0SA170DAA6CD
CCBWE 0546XPMW
1375786L50667

No problem with the cold bug. Thought I had initially as wouldn't post but it ended up being my Ballistix sticks had given up the ghost. Booted fine with my Gskill sticks.

Having some issues with the mem controller which I've given up trying to iron out until I get my RMA on my Ballistix.

here is one i did last year with ln2

not sure if the forum will resize this if its to big i will resize could not find the rules on this

fx553.8.gif

I got my 3000+ up to 300Mhz FSB... stable at 298... I can't seem to push it over 302 FSb.. and suggestions?

All this is air-cooled btw :D load temps are only 44'C.. idles at 30.

300fsbw00t5mq.jpg

you can see my Spec below, currently set up thusly:

RAM at DDR 266 (divider is CPU/14)
Timings: 3,3,3,8
HTT at 4x
FSB at 300
Vcore at 1.6V

how in the hell do I push it higher? I'm certian this isn't the limit of what the chip can handle.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited:
Mikebert4 said:
I got my 3000+ up to 300Mhz FSB... stable at 298... I can't seem to push it over 302 FSb.. and suggestions?

All this is air-cooled btw :D load temps are only 44'C.. idles at 30.

300fsbw00t5mq.jpg

you can see my Spec below, currently set up thusly:

RAM at DDR 266 (divider is CPU/14)
Timings: 3,3,3,8
HTT at 4x
FSB at 300
Vcore at 1.6V

how in the hell do I push it higher? I'm certian this isn't the limit of what the chip can handle.

Cheers

Mike

Drop your HT multi to at least 3x for a start :D

Back
Top Bottom