Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

A8N-SLi SE? *pats* you've done well, i had to shoot things before i could get a decent OC on that board. not that the basic A8N-SLi is much better...

I'm benching my 3000+ on phase this monday comming, so i (hopefully) should have some crazy screenies for you people (aiming to get it stable at 3.2/3.3 Ghz, and screenied alll the way to 3.5 :D) we shall see :)

gr1mey said:
My First Attempt at an Overclock, how'd I do?

CPU is Opteron 144 CAB1E 0614 under Alphacool Nexxxos XP in 1/2" ID Loop. Prime ran for 6 hours while I was out, and no problems so far!

Recieving my Ultra-D tomorrow, will try and push it up a bit further.

ed- that Temp on Everest isnt really correct, while Prime was still runing it was at 39'c :)

Nice chip you have there, good clocks. :)

thanks, aiming to get my name on that overclocking board ;)

going ok so far with the Ultra-D, took a bit of setting up, but Im now at 3060mhz prime stable for 6 hours 1.55v, load temps of 41'c.

Still a bit of headroom there, but the 1gb Geil Value might hold me back a bit I fear.

dont go being too hasty with the update Ive been prime stable for the last 3 hours at 3150mhz :P

although Im a bit puzzled as to why the Ultra-D will only let me go up to 1.550v on vcore :confused: I want 1.6!!! :D

anyhow, as it stand thats the top Opty 144 overclock on here.

stay tuned!

yeah I got to that now thanks, Ive been up to 3.2ghz, but wasnt stable, so I think Im at my limit at 3.15ghz.

its the best on that table for a 144 Opty, but Im gonna have a go at getting 3.2ghz stable...any tips?

memory is at 174mhz 2-3-2-5 1T
ddr 2.77v
HTT is x2.5
CPU is x9
FSB is 350
vcore 1.55v

Phase benching my week-18 3000+ tomorrow! :D:D If all goes well i'll have screenies at 3.4 to share. Though eventually I'll be DICEing it with some nice Mushkin Redline... wanna hit 3.6 and break a record or two (we're not talking soon here :p).

still, i'll update people as to progress on Phase after tomorrow's session. From what i've heard 0512-0519 cores are the best out there for sheer OC-ness. We'll see :cool:

wish me luck :D

gr1mey said:
yeah I got to that now thanks, Ive been up to 3.2ghz, but wasnt stable, so I think Im at my limit at 3.15ghz.

its the best on that table for a 144 Opty, but Im gonna have a go at getting 3.2ghz stable...any tips?

memory is at 174mhz 2-3-2-5 1T
ddr 2.77v
HTT is x2.5
CPU is x9
FSB is 350
vcore 1.55v

Chipset and LTD bus volts?

well.. the Phase benching session didn't go as welll as we'd hoped.. it seems this chip reaches it's limit at 3 ghz.

it's a real let down.
but *shrug* Overclocking doesn't always happen as god as we would like.

a nice little lesson there, time to source me a week 17 chip :)

I've managed to get my Pentium 4 650 up to 4.33GHz on air but not stable. I'll try to get a screenie of it if I can but in the meantime here's one for my daily usage clock;

SuperPi.jpg

Well... having finally got everything set up, these are my 24/7 clocks, all the Temps are Laad temps (having sat on ATitool's artifact-scan for about 4 hours)

i'll have images for the watercooled case gallery soon as well :D

The RAM OC'ed better than I thought, it managed up to ~260Mhz (DDR 540 :p ) with those timings and 2.9v

*bows*

it's a shame Benching this core on Phase didn't go as well as planned, only managed to get 3Ghz stable... no futher not even just for screenies or suicide shots :confused: *cries*

XP3500+ @ 3006MHz 1.55v
2x256MB Geil value RAM @ 226MHz 2.8v
Gigabyte nForce3 250gb mobo
Akasa AK-860 Low Noise CPU Cooler

mhg3kr.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom