Open world co-op survival game suggestions please!

Soldato
A bunch of us play together quite frequently, and are possibly looking for a new game to get stuck into.

So far we have played (in no particular order):

Factorio
Minecraft
Project Zomboid
The Forest (this is what we're currently on)

Must haves:

- Support at least 6 players
- Crafting/building (as you can see from the games above, this is a recurring theme :p)
- Persistent dedicated server (as we are not always on at the same time and it's a pain having to share saves and change who is hosting depending on who is around)

Our server machine isn't hugely powerful:

I3-4170t/8gb ram/Integrated graphics

Been perfectly adequate so far, but may struggle with anything with really high requirements.

Games we've considered:

- Osiris: New Dawn, although we're not sure of the longevity as it's in early stages still.
- Ark: Survival Evolved, heard bad things about the performance, and looking at the dedicated server requirements, this may be pushing it
- Life is feudal, just been looking at this, but the reviews aren't great!

Basically looking for games similar to the above, where you can drop in/out for a few hours and have a laugh together, any suggestions welcome :)

Soldato
OP
I think we've done factorio to death (to the point we had so many robots that one of the guys couldn't connect as his PC crashed every time :p)

Have played don't Starve together a while ago, but I didn't realise it had a dedicated server, so might have to look into that one some more, will check out the other suggestions, thanks :)

Man of Honour
Never found an open world survival game that has really drawn me in - most seem to either require far too much investment versus unreliable servers or far too full on hardcore to be interesting past the initial novelty so end up being a grind for the simplest of things or overdone "realism" gets in the way of any enjoyment or just have some truly awful implementation of game controls and/or mechanics that are just pants on head and you wonder what on earth the developer was thinking.

Man of Honour
I feel that would be because of the main core hook of the game. The premise of the game is you build a base and then you go and destroy other peoples, a bit like children at the beach with their sandcastles.

I spent plenty of time doing that in Eve Online - well more the knocking over of other people's sand castles - sadly very few other parties would try to siege us.

Back
Top Bottom