Openreach enabled G.INP on FTTC

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Anyone in London? My 14ms seems very high compared to the other numbers I'm seeing so far.

Associate
Here is picture of what the cabinet are look like can be found here: http://www.robertos.me.uk./html/street_cabinets_etc.html

I'm going to have to take a walk around to find the actual cabinet I'm connected to since the only one I've seen looks like a huawei cabinet, and if the one I'm on is that same then I might be in a load of trouble since I have an ECI modem (however, I don't think there's been an update since it is still working so it might be an ECI cabinet and hasn't been updated yet).

Soldato
Anyone in London? My 14ms seems very high compared to the other numbers I'm seeing so far.

I'm in London.

I also get around 14ms to bbc since it was switched on (At least I am assuming it has been, dunno how to check on hh5). I used to get 6-8ms to bbc.

I first thought a 7ms rise across the board, but other sites further out seem much the same to me after more testing, although to be fair, bbc has always been my check and is really the only site I know was definitely always X ms.

Could be some weird routing change I guess, that went into effect when they switched it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So does G.inp change how noise margin is measured or something?

I get max sync upload, before it was enabled, the noise margin was around 12-14. Soon as it was enabled, the upstream noise margin instantly changed to 8. Max speed, so it hasn't grabbed more, lowering the margin in the process.

So does it change how it's read? was it misreading before? Or just some massive coincidence.

Using a HH5.

Soldato
Looks like the update to the modem and reset has not worked at all G.INP back on my line and the modem has not been updated, complete fail from BT!

The speed has dropped and ping is the same as before!

After BT messed and reset the line on the 31st at 9am it was 19999 79996 and 9ms ping with ECI modem

Was fine for 2 days until aprox 7am this morning, now the sync speed is 19999 67920 and 25ms ping with ECI modem

Put the HG612 version 2B SP08 (my friends modem) Speed is 20000 79999 and 12ms ping

Showing when BT came and reset the line and showing perfect line onwards

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/6bea3...

Showing a perfectly stable line for the day after - happy days

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/02aeb...

Showing a perfect line again and then the drop at 7am down to 67mb and large increase in ping, the second RED line is when resetting everything and the third RED line is me changing back to the HG612 where ping drops and speed increases.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/3e095...

BT really have ****** up here, they have not thought this through at all, while it's helping those who had issues or poor lines before it's completely ruined short stable lines as the G.INP is being applied to lines that just don't need it!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Locky. I agree with you on this about BT. I was so fuming angry because openreach just go ahead and roll out G.INP on every lines who has 79987/19999 for a very long time with fast path and very low ping until G.INP put on and ruined the line to reduced the sync rate and increase in ping is total disgrace!

BT Openreach just don't care about your problem's end. I was surprise that many Huawei cabinets are suppose to be given HG612 2B & B3 Modem not the ECI Modem.

Soldato
Locky. I agree with you on this about BT. I was so fuming angry because openreach just go ahead and roll out G.INP on every lines who has 79987/19999 for a very long time with fast path and very low ping until G.INP put on and ruined the line to reduced the sync rate and increase in ping is total disgrace!

BT Openreach just don't care about your problem's end. I was surprise that many Huawei cabinets are suppose to be given HG612 2B & B3 Modem not the ECI Modem.

BT claim there are no ECI modems fitted on Huawei cabs according to Andrew at think broadband.

people need to be fired due to how much incompetency has gone on.

Imagine ******** up this much in a normal job? You'd be out the door..

Soldato
OP
Last year I have a proper BT Openreach Engineer to installed FTTC on my line from ADSL2+ and he replaced a new MK2 master socket and he went back to his van and gave me ECI Modem as I say to him "Hold on, my cabinet is Huawei 288, should I have Huawei modem instead?" he reply "There is no difference between two modems as we don't sold Huawei modem anymore!".

But, when he left, I just use my own unlocked HG612 (I brought it off ebay for £20!)

Back
Top Bottom