Opinions on new watch...

Permabanned
I'm really not sure about Breitlings. I can kind of understand why people like them, but they are just not my thing. Just got this Vostok Europe delivered today. Loving it :D

v0.JPG

v1.JPG

Soldato
OP
DreederOcUK said:
Hmm... Just done a search and found This thread now im sure im getting a full refund... this is now a more common issue than just a freak 1 off.

Just an update about the fault on this watch, Im just home from Ernest Jones in the Trafford Centre...first time ive been able to get over about the fault and its still running fast. Im now even more annoyed as they wouldnt give me a refund, instead they insisted on sending it away for examination and testing... its gaining 3seconds/MINUTE and the STUPID sales assisant and manager didnt believe me. They said as Id worn the watch I wasnt entitled to a full refund unless it was found to be faulty... so that means if you buy anything from Ernest Jones their returns and refund policy only applies if you dont actually plan on using it... Also the wear makes were on the watch when I bought it, but, as it was the only one in the store and had been on display I accepted it as it was.

Both the Sales Assistant and Manager were totally unwilling to perform any kind of test on the watch to prove it gained 3 seconds per minute as they werent technicans... and stated that they didnt have the required equipment to perform any tests, now this is where I got kinda annoyed, stood in a shop full of watches they werent prepared to compare mine with any of theirs over a 1 minute period, and the reason for not performing the simplest of checks was because they couldnt be sure the watch they used to compare against was accurate... So they Admit to selling a shop full of in-accurate watches??

I also managed to empty the shop of all other customers, and can only hope I lost them a few sales, now ive got to wait for the watch to be sent to Brietling, be tested and then I "might" get a refund if the watch is found to be faulty. After about an hour of discussion/arguement they offered to pay my petrol expenses, but, wouldnt let me collect my refund from a more local store to myself, instead I have to travel the 100mile round trip in a couple of weeks after testing.

Ive now lost all confidance in Ernest Jones and after reading the other post on here my confidance in Breitling isnt all that good. So if Breitling decide its not a fault and instead calibrated/repair it I will get it returned as fully working, that basically means ive paid £2k for a refurbished watch and wont get a refund at all.

In summary... ERNEST JONES ARE ****.

Soldato
Nice watch, looks like its built to last, bit too large for my taste but definitely the sign of a classy man. ;)

Soldato
It could be something as simple as being magnetised. This causes coils on the hair spring on the balance wheel to stick together, making the spring effectively shorter. Shorter spring = shorter swings = faster ticking.

I find it totally amazing that a jeweler such as Ernest Jones doesn't have access to a local watchmaker. I know they're a rare breed these days, but still. I heard there was a new watchmaking school opening in Stockport to meet demand, as more people are buying mechanical watches these days. So i guess they'll get someone soon.

Soldato
Wow, 2k for a watch that can't keep time? I'm staggered... it does look really nice though, would love to own something like that.

Soldato
Looks a nice watch. Ive been looking at investing in a new watch since i broke the strap on my citizen. Ive had this watch ages, and it was my dads, then he gave it to me, its had some abuse but always given me the right time.

I was looking at Tag Heur, but i decieded i couldnt justify £1500 on a watch, when my Citizen does the same job just as good, so i sent it away for a new strap.

Caporegime
As you've asked for peoples opinions...

It's not my cup of tea. For me it's looks over the top and vulgar, whether it feels nice to ware and is quality engineering wouldn't come into it for me.
Now I can't say I've every bought an expensive watch and I'd guess I never will, but if I was going to buy one it would likely be something a lot more understated and unobtrusive.

Just my 2c

Soldato
Personally i think its over the top and too dominent on your wrist. I personally dont like LARGE watches which stand out like a sore thumb. I prefer the more simpler ones which look clean and elegant (like Hugo Boss)

Theres a guy in a town near me who has 3 watches totalling £351,000. Dont know which make they are though but hes also got 2 ferraris, bentley gt, range rover sport, X5 and has just ordered one of those new Lambo's.

All at the tender age of 27 the mofo. And how did he make all that money you ask......................VAT Fraud!

Back
Top Bottom