Opinions on Samsung's 2021 Neo QLED's or other QLED's

Soldato
OP
I have an LG B6 with burn in so bad that I am sending it back to LG for a new panel at a cost of £200. I'm thinking of a bigger 65" TV and can get a QN95A for £1300 (including cashback). The burn in issue has really put me off OLED for the time being but as I mostly game and watch 4K content I'm undecided on the C1 (and spending an extra £400, which can go towards a PS5 or XB1X) or QN95A.

Pardon the pun, but would you really want to get burned again?

I wouldn't.

I'd buy a QLED and game worry free.

Soldato
Man I dunno what you guys are doing but have had OLED for 2 years now and not had to worry once about burn in, most of the usage is static logo channels and gaming - there is enough technology and features running in the background to help with any of this.

A small subset of panels are getting burn in but the way some of you worry about it is as if it's more widespread than it actually is. Willing to bet you have more non OLED panels with banding issues etc than you do of OLED panels with burn in.

Soldato
Man I dunno what you guys are doing but have had OLED for 2 years now and not had to worry once about burn in, most of the usage is static logo channels and gaming - there is enough technology and features running in the background to help with any of this.

A small subset of panels are getting burn in but the way some of you worry about it is as if it's more widespread than it actually is. Willing to bet you have more non OLED panels with banding issues etc than you do of OLED panels with burn in.
My LG BX hasn't got burn in had it 1.5 years. Even with the GF leaving it static on the virgin box (If I see it I just tell Alexa to turn all plugs off coz it does my head in)
I think you're both missing the point. 1.5 and 2 years is significantly less than the 5 years that the B6 and 7 panels have been around, which are now experiencing burn in. Plus the older panels have screen savers built in (mine comes on after 1 minute of static screen).
My B6 went 4 years without any noticeable burn in until recently when it got worse and worse over a fairly short period of time.

Soldato
Pardon the pun, but would you really want to get burned again?

I wouldn't.

I'd buy a QLED and game worry free.
You're right, I have been weighing it up and will stick with a QLED for my next TV. Just trying to figure out of Samsung offer a 5 year warranty if I buy from them directly as a get a discount via my company.

Soldato
OP
You're right, I have been weighing it up and will stick with a QLED for my next TV. Just trying to figure out of Samsung offer a 5 year warranty if I buy from them directly as a get a discount via my company.

That would be my take if I had had a OLED burn in issue, no way would I be spending the next 4-5 years worrying about burn-in having ALREADY had one TV suffer from the issue, it makes no sense.

Most won't suffer from it, but that is meaningless to you.

Back
Top Bottom