Origin in genuine consumer positive over Steam

Permabanned
I can't see them honoring this. Judging from my experience of EA customer support, there will either be no request-a-refund link on the game, or when you fill out the questions, you never hear back from them nor get a refund.

Permabanned
At the end of the day its a good thing and Valve/Steam need to do something of similar alternative. I think i will play some of my acquired games through Tunngle now and turn my back on some of devs that rip off the customer. Two can play that game;)

It is not the dev's it is the publishers. EA, though it owns Dice etc, does not make games, it publishes them.

Associate
Uff, In a moment of weakness I bought BF4 from origin last night. Don't ask me why, my PC is 4 years old, the internet is telling me it's rubbish/broken, I despise EA and the fiancée has declared this weekend a game-free weekend!!!

Anyway it's downloaded, ready for me to have a go at it tonight... I wonder what's going to be worse, the game or getting the refund?

Soldato
the fiancée has declared this weekend a game-free weekend!!!

Dude, that does not bode well for the future.

Take your balls out of their purse and strap them on.

A "Game Free Evening"... OK

A "Game Free WEEKEND" is just saying "No, you cannot partake in a hobby you enjoy".

Have you banned her from the TV to make it even?

Soldato
Dude, that does not bode well for the future.

Take your balls out of their purse and strap them on.

A "Game Free Evening"... OK

A "Game Free WEEKEND" is just saying "No, you cannot partake in a hobby you enjoy".

Have you banned her from the TV to make it even?

100% agree on this! I would never allow my relationship to reach the point where I'm restricted to what I've been told I can do.

It's my life, my hobby, enjoy it or leave me to it, or out the door.

And if your response is "I don't know what to ban her from", then you don't know her or that explains why she is bitter as she doesn't have anything her self.

Associate
Thing is BF4 beta ran 'ok' on my PC (except for some key binds wouldn't work correctly) and I have a copy of Windows 8 I could install to boost performance...

The ban thing came about because I've hammered XCOM for the last three weekends and always feel like **** (pooh) on Sunday evening because of it. So this weekend we're both determined to open the front door and do something other than accept a take away delivery.

No doubt i'll be playing Dark souls (just purchased on steam sale!) and she'll be making houses on Sims 3 by Saturday Afternoon. :p

Back
Top Bottom