**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Permabanned
hahahahaha keep complaining like 90% of your posts.

Life is one crazy kid.

Lol he's a prime example of a Patchzerg.

It's not like he's doing anything different at all from his predecessors yet he's winning because he's been given an early game buff which effects the viability of early game pressure.

I'm not saying Life didn't deserve to win or that he didn't play well but it's so ****ing stupid how they can tech switch so rapidly while also being able to mass build army AND expand for cheaper while getting more workers faster.

I don't expect a proper response from yourself though, for that you'd have to actually understand all three races instead of just low level Zerg.

+most of my posts are just telling it now it is. Sorry you can't grasp that.

Associate
I'm back beaches.

Well SC2 took one step closer to dying today.

Slayers disbands with a huge load of drama.

Multiple pros have stated they feel that HotS is a terrible expansion and Blizzard are clueless. One of them went as far to say that he thinks the scene will be dead before LotV (The next expansion)

Been out of the scene for quite a while now... can you link to some of the stuff you mention in this post? I've watched a few hours of HotS gameplay and my impression was just "meh". None of the new units are interesting and it seems even more retardedly balanced that WoL.

:(

Permabanned
I'm back beaches.

Been out of the scene for quite a while now... can you link to some of the stuff you mention in this post? I've watched a few hours of HotS gameplay and my impression was just "meh". None of the new units are interesting and it seems even more retardedly balanced that WoL.

:(

I don't have the links but generally most EU/NA pros have mentioned that it's a pretty "meh" expansion. When the beta got released most of the pros played it for about a week and now there's probably 2-3'ish that play it still (Dragon, White-Ra and sometimes ForGG)

Destiny did a big post on TL that sparked a lot of 'debate' saying that the game needs to be more casual. Some of his points were actually good but the ones about making the game open to more casuals were obviously biased seeing as his livelihood is based on people watching him.

People like FXOBoss, DoA, Day9, EG members have all commented on this "Sky Falling" stuff for the SC2 Esports scene and most of them are saying it's not true and at most "The bubble has popped" and the growth is going to slow down a lot.

My opinion is that the feeling of it all is that it's going to slowly die off within the next few years and there may not even be an esports scene around when we reach LotV.

Apart from that it's basically been a lot of the same. Slayers disbanded is probably the biggest news recently.

Also WCS is basically going to be a load of PvPvZ. I think there's 4/5 Terrans in there. Balance? XD

Associate
I don't have the links but generally most EU/NA pros have mentioned that it's a pretty "meh" expansion. When the beta got released most of the pros played it for about a week and now there's probably 2-3'ish that play it still (Dragon, White-Ra and sometimes ForGG)

Destiny did a big post on TL that sparked a lot of 'debate' saying that the game needs to be more casual. Some of his points were actually good but the ones about making the game open to more casuals were obviously biased seeing as his livelihood is based on people watching him.

People like FXOBoss, DoA, Day9, EG members have all commented on this "Sky Falling" stuff for the SC2 Esports scene and most of them are saying it's not true and at most "The bubble has popped" and the growth is going to slow down a lot.

My opinion is that the feeling of it all is that it's going to slowly die off within the next few years and there may not even be an esports scene around when we reach LotV.

Apart from that it's basically been a lot of the same. Slayers disbanded is probably the biggest news recently.

Also WCS is basically going to be a load of PvPvZ. I think there's 4/5 Terrans in there. Balance? XD

As widely discussed balance got screwed for T a while back and never got fixed due to one or two top top Koreans doing OK. That upset a good chunk of the remaining user base which was already declining fairly rapidly.

HOTs is a bit of a damp squib but I'm sure will see some resurgence. Not going to be out any time soon at the current rate though.

And of course all the SC2 community figures are going to deny it's dying. It's their livelihood after all so they've hardly an incentive to agree and help accelerate that. Would be interesting to see how the Day[9] daily viewing figures are trending, as that's a pretty good indication of the more than casual but way below pro level interest, on a consistent platform which you don't really have trying to compare tournament views.

Permabanned
As widely discussed balance got screwed for T a while back and never got fixed due to one or two top top Koreans doing OK. That upset a good chunk of the remaining user base which was already declining fairly rapidly.

HOTs is a bit of a damp squib but I'm sure will see some resurgence. Not going to be out any time soon at the current rate though.

And of course all the SC2 community figures are going to deny it's dying. It's their livelihood after all so they've hardly an incentive to agree and help accelerate that. Would be interesting to see how the Day[9] daily viewing figures are trending, as that's a pretty good indication of the more than casual but way below pro level interest, on a consistent platform which you don't really have trying to compare tournament views.

I wouldn't say balance is incredibly screwed for T atm. A lot of the problems Terrans have are figured out mostly, I'd say the problems we're having now are design issues with the races themselves which I highly doubt Blizzard will answer. They haven't even figured out how to fix PvZ (4 supply BLs has always been a problem)

I would say Day[9] isn't a good indicator of the activity in the SC2 scene, his dailies are at a terribly inconvenient time for anyone not in the US and anyone past gold won't learn a thing from him and someone who doesn't play wouldn't bother watching.
I know multiple surveys have been done before and it's always shown that the majority of stream viewers don't even play SC2 with the majority of those not even owning the game (So it's not ragequitters).

The funny thing is that if SC2 died in the next year all these community "pillars" (If you can call such jokes that) would just move to another game which would probably be DotA2, LoL or maybe some other game we've all overlooked.

Associate
I wouldn't say balance is incredibly screwed for T atm. A lot of the problems Terrans have are figured out mostly, I'd say the problems we're having now are design issues with the races themselves which I highly doubt Blizzard will answer. They haven't even figured out how to fix PvZ (4 supply BLs has always been a problem)

I would say Day[9] isn't a good indicator of the activity in the SC2 scene, his dailies are at a terribly inconvenient time for anyone not in the US and anyone past gold won't learn a thing from him and someone who doesn't play wouldn't bother watching.
I know multiple surveys have been done before and it's always shown that the majority of stream viewers don't even play SC2 with the majority of those not even owning the game (So it's not ragequitters).

The funny thing is that if SC2 died in the next year all these community "pillars" (If you can call such jokes that) would just move to another game which would probably be DotA2, LoL or maybe some other game we've all overlooked.

Not sure I agree that T balance largely got sorted out. In TvZ the pros are able to do a hellion banshee opening which requires really good micro to be successful and if you can't do that then you'll end up behind. TvP never changed and remains a race against the clock to do enough damage by about the 15 min mark or you get crushed by the deathball, unless again you have vastly superior micro.

My reference to Day[9] was just that it attracts those up to gold level players ie people slightly serious about the game and would be/should be feeding new blood into the game, but yes you're right it's v US focused unless you watch the VODs. Should still be representative of the health of the game as a whole ex Korea though, as I can't imagine it's much different in eg Europe.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Not sure I agree that T balance largely got sorted out. In TvZ the pros are able to do a hellion banshee opening which requires really good micro to be successful and if you can't do that then you'll end up behind. TvP never changed and remains a race against the clock to do enough damage by about the 15 min mark or you get crushed by the deathball, unless again you have vastly superior micro.

My reference to Day[9] was just that it attracts those up to gold level players ie people slightly serious about the game but yes you're right it's v US focused unless you watch the VODs. Should still be representative of the health of the game as a whole ex Korea though, as I can't imagine it's much different in eg Europe.

TvZ is very much just Hellion/Banshee these days (Or MVP's Blue-flame build which is iffy) and that opening doesn't require a lot of micro, it's a simple opener where all you really have to do is pay attention. You shouldn't lose your Hellions or Banshees unless you're playing terribly and roaches appear or detection appears while you're looking away. I'd say the only times when Terran is at a disadvantage is when Zerg use their OP production mechanic at the beginning or during army trades.

I agree about TvP, I think there needs to be some sort of buff or nerf that'll create a new set of openers for us because it's just so stale that the Toss can pretty much tell what you're doing and exactly how to react. I've actually started playing non-cheese games against Toss recently with Polt's 1base Hellion/Banshee into 3CC which works great.

I don't have much problem on ladders these days. I find TvT to be my worst matchup as I can never decide what opener I want to do and I meet a lot of 1basers. Thankfully figures out that a 2Fac Blue-flame build + Banshees stops all 1/2base siege pushes.

Soldato
Firstly, thank you for the advice. So after following the advice given me a couple of weeks ago i am flying. I am ranked 6th with a big lead on 7th in my bronze league (i think thats quite good after only having the game 5 weeks), hoping that my placement game on 1/11/12 will put me into silver. I am really enjoying the game, though i know i have many many months until i can get to platinum which is my aim.

Back
Top Bottom