OS X 10.7 (Lion) GM Released

Associate
OP
Jobs said you CAN burn it to disk, but AFAIK you do still need to install SL first.

We'll see when its released, hopefully not.

Who's going to be ocuk guniea pig? I'm not jumping in 2 feet first after iPad " upgrade " fiasco

I'll gladly do it as I was planning on doing a fresh install first. Even if you have to install SL first I'm sure it'll still be better to do as fresh an install as possible with a fresh install of SL.

Soldato
As with all OS changes I'd recommend backing up before you attempt to install Lion.

Personally, I'm not anticipating the release at all. There isn't a single headline feature that makes me think "wow, I'd like that" and since I've lost my SL disc I don't really feel motivated to buy another copy of that as well to upgrade from.

I can see why Apple would want to give the Mac App Store a kick in the pants with Lion to improve its poor performance, but surely users looking to upgrade their Macs to Lion would have at least tried/embraced the App Store already? Practicality has definitely taken a back seat with that one.

For those that do upgrade I'm sure it will be worth the £21, but it doesn't get more than a giant yawn from me and I'll skip it and wait for 10.8.

Associate
So now that Apple Lion 10 7 OSX Gold Master has been released and what not, say if I used this version of Lion and didn't upgrade when Lion actually came out, would I miss out really? or?

Soldato
So now that Apple Lion 10 7 OSX Gold Master has been released and what not, say if I used this version of Lion and didn't upgrade when Lion actually came out, would I miss out really? or?

No idea. Saying that you have already ;) Have you found any trace of the Safari-only mode that everyone's been hyping about?

Associate
No idea. Saying that you have already ;) Have you found any trace of the Safari-only mode that everyone's been hyping about?

I've barely used it, I just upgraded, saw how it looked and that was it, I've been gaming too much lately to see any new features apart from Launchpad and the way that the UI looks a little different >.<
I'll have to fully test it out and what not later, i'll report back to you on this 'safari-only' mode

Last edited:
Associate
I've been keeping up with people I follow on Youtube and there is rumors speculating that MBA have already been made or whatever and they are just waiting for the final touches ie: installation of Lion before they are going to be sent off to it's distributors.

Associate
I just put Lion on USB drive, booted into it, deleted the old partition and created a new one before installing Lion. :) So yeah, a fresh install can be done with the GM.

Associate
I did mange to get around to installing Lion GM, it did take a fair bit longer than I previously anticipated but, it is amazing.

I am over-all very happy with how Lion is, the boot times do seem to be increased, but there is no other performance issues that I can see thus far, I'll have to use it more, only used it for like an hour or so, I really love Mail, it's really innovative.

I don't like the way that the applications are displayed, I still access them through the old ways, but so far? It's great.

Back
Top Bottom