ouch! silly drivers!

Soldato
Ouch! Glad you are relatively ok though! could have been much worse!

Such a **** weekend for motorists lol, Know of someone who's son got killed on the weekend on a motorbike, Van lost control and ploughed through him on the other side of the road and then kept going and crashed into something else too I think :S

And I also witnessed a Hit and run at the Avenue roundabout in Southampton, Driver coming from the left joining the roundabout ploughed straight into the side of a car already on the roundabout, then drove off! I thought he was stopping the other side of the roundabout but no the other witness said he drove lol must have been drunk or high considering what he did, worried me because I was the next vehicle, 5 seconds later and it could have been me :confused:
What ****ed me off most though was waited for nearly an hour for police to turn up, constantly on the phone with them, a Community support officer arrives on foot, and the first thing she says is "Oh the police wont be dealing with this as nobody got hurt really and nobody got the registration of the other car..."
What a joke.... There are plenty of camera's about up there and we gave a full description of the car/time it happened, ah well I guess there are bikers out there this time of year to catch huh? ;)

Last edited:
Associate
damage looks worse than it is imo,might get away with new wheel/swingarm rear plastics ect

The insurance companies will generally write a cheque out than replace the parts in my experience. My old man had a taxi pull out in front of him a few years back and bent the front forks so they wrote it off even though the rest of the bike was okay, on the bright side they sent him an 07 fireblade as a hire bike :p

@op Glad you're okay, surprised the car wedged itself into your back end like it did and didn't just knock you out the way

Associate
OP
anyone that rear ends you is automatically at fault? far as i know

damage looks worse than it is imo,might get away with new wheel/swingarm rear plastics ect

Hmm not sure got some quotes on parts from Kawasaki
Wheel (which is badly scratched)-450
Swingarm (which may be bent and scratched)-350
Foot rest (which are bent) -125 each
Rear seat unit and undertray- 360
Tank is scratched from zips and boots when I came off- 250
Front left side panel clips have snapped and is slightly scratched (think I may have kicked it) - 400

i know some of it isnt 100% needed but i want my bike back to how it was which was perfect condition why should i have to be at a loss because some one hit me :p

And if the frame is bent that's 800 all this is ex vat so that's 2400 best case plus labour (plus might need a rear tire as it has a huge chunk missing) or over 3.5 with frame my insurance company said they tend to write them off if damage is more than 40% of the bikes cost :/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kawasaki prices are notoriously ridiculous,£125 for a footrest!!!!

Seems such a waste to write it off,if it were me I'd claim for everything,loss of earnings,clothing,physical injuries ect,if you sourced the bits second hand you'd save a fortune but no point

Soldato
should get insurance cash, buy the bike at scrap value, then you have a little project to do up and use left over cash to buy a different (better) bike

I wouldn't bother, it's going to have so much damage it will cost a bomb to repair. The frame will be bent, the rear swingarm will probably have cracked/bends, rear sus would be shot judging by the impact, rear sub frame will be cracked/bent, would imagine the engine suffered some internal damage from the sudden shunt, crank unbalanced ect ect.

So much work to be done. Really not worth the hassle. Get the money, buy a new bike, get on with life.

Associate
OP
yeh if it is written off might buy it back (depends on the price) just pi**ed off that i have no bike for when the weather is like 30 degrees and superb sunshine :/

anyway the guy from BLD (Bikers Legal Defence) came along to take the bike this morning and on fist glance just wheeling it down the drive he noticed it didn't go in a straight line :/ they will strip it and check everything over tomorrow and send a quote to her insurance company where it is up to the lose adjuster to determine weather it is a total loss. in all honesty i want it too be a write off because i personally wouldn't feel safe riding a damaged repaired bike (regardless of how well it was fixed)

Associate
in all honesty i want it too be a write off because i personally wouldn't feel safe riding a damaged repaired bike (regardless of how well it was fixed)

Fair enough. I can't imagine them not writing it off to be honest. It sounds like there's some significant structural damage, which is hardly a surprise looking at your photos!

Associate
anyone that rear ends you is automatically at fault? far as i know

Not true as I found out with my TMax about 3 months back, I got rear ended on a roundabout just going right from the right lane but because there were no witnesses and the guy was a total ass saying I over took him on the roundabout and tried to cut in front of him for the exit straight ahead. He, from the left lane, cut in to the right of roundabout behind and then into me.

So the insurance companies and my solicitor want to go 50/50 because there is no proof that I was going straight and overcooked it and went in to him or that I was going right and he went into me.

Glad to see OP is still alive, your one lucky fella, hope you get a big pay out and keep on biking :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom