Out of date pasty

Soldato
Being serious for just a second, that's a misconception, isn't it? Ingesting mould (growing on [and in] food) can be extremely dangerous, last I checked.

Yes and no. It could be penicillin, but probably isn't.

And yes, it can be dangerous, unlikely, but possible (and probably not worth the risk for the sake of a £5 loaf of bread)

Caporegime
*cold open

* ominous single note scrapes out, (player = cello, legato, f > pp)

Voice over: "Sometimes ... sometimes, you have to smash it yourself ..."

* intercuts of literally two handing a one hand job, this is so hot oh my goodness

Voice over: "And sometimes things fall apart."

* + violas, 2nd section, pp > ff)

Voice over: "There's no time like yesterday."

* cut strings, freeze screen and fade to black

Voice over: "Let's get to work."

Soldato
The beer was probably in a dirty glass anyway, served by someone who doesn't wash their hands after using the loo so don't sweat it, I'm sure you'll live. Probably.

When you realise what people are capable of doing beyond a letterbox :(

As for the pasty, why didn't you post a picture so we could confirm if it is mold or not ? If you're not throwing up by now, you're probably fine and it wasn't bad

Soldato
Going by the title of the thread and the ever increasing average age of this forum coupled with this being GD, I was expecting to see this:

embed

Soldato
I don't mind going past Sell by dates but I draw the line at mould. (I would cut bits off cheese perhaps)

a few years back there was a reduced lasagne in Sainsbury's. it was on the useby date not bast it and was half caked in black mould. I pointed it out to them and it was disposed off. how often this goes unnoticed I do not know.

I have also seen mouldy bread in liddle .

ps they are not a patch on a proper pasty (the Cornish pasty company you sometimes see in service stations are the best I have seen outside of Devon or Cornwall)

but despite that Indo enjoy a ginsters now and then.

Soldato
Was in Devon last week and wifey said she was popping into the bakers to get us lunch. I asked for a sausage roll and she came back with a steak and stilton pasty - the beast was a meal in itself!!

Something like this..............

D5QGJC5.jpg

And she still couldn't explain why she chose to do this :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
The beer was probably in a dirty glass anyway, served by someone who doesn't wash their hands after using the loo so don't sweat it, I'm sure you'll live. Probably.

I remember I was in a pub once and the bar maid was talking to some guy about their draft offerings while wiping down the bar with a cloth. She then procceeded to grasp the bottom of each of the spouts with her hand, then she got the cloth she had just wiped down the table with and gave the spouts a good wiping.

She then asked what I wanted and I said what bottled beer do you have?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom