Over-rated / terrible movies?

Soldato
Only one really stands out for me, and I know some fans swear blind it's like the best movie ever made, but I'm going with Interstellar.
Yup i agree, it's overrated for what it is and i find Nolan's direction for the sound mix makes it a hard watch - it reeks of an artist trying too hard. Zimmer's OST is about the only bit i genuinely enjoy of the film.
I would stick Tenet with Interstellar as well.

Happily watch all his other films though, especially The Dark Knight trilogy :)

Soldato
For me it's Everything Everywhere All at Once. No issue with the renaissance of the cast but I didn't appreciate the story.

I quite liked some of the acting and humour, but ultimately I just found the action scenes to be utterly exhausting to watch. And yeah the story was trying to be too clever for its own good. Not terrible, but certainly overrated.

Soldato
For me it's Everything Everywhere All at Once. No issue with the renaissance of the cast but I didn't appreciate the story.
We started watching this with real anticipation after hearing good things about it. It's a frantic mess of a film full of annoying characters. Off it went after about half an hour. Garbage.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jokes aside I think the worst movie I ever watched the whole way through was called Bokeh - Netflix 2017.

It was ******* awful, I was about to say without spoiling it.... But **** it, basically a young couple go to Iceland... I think, and they are in their hotel room and there is a bright flash outside, then they go out into the town, and everything is normal except there are no people, at all, apart from them.

They wonder about for a long time, then eventually randomly find some old man in a log cabin, yet it doesn't really provide any reason or substance to why, and then it ends.

Yup...........

Also Locke is pretty awful, it's a movie where the camera is just a guy driving the entire movie having various phone conversations, and that's all that happens, it wasn't as awful as Bokeh though.

Back
Top Bottom