Overclockers UK New Website Launch! Queries Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Oh looks like the old site did the same thing too :/.

Given the GDPR fine is the greater of £17.5m or 4% of turnover that's a lot of Haribo :o

GDPR has little to do with cookie consent and the 4% thing is for data breaches not cookies. And the minister in charge of such things in the UK has recently announced that the UK may rescind the EU regulations around cookies because the pop-ups are annoying and pointless (which they are) and are really only intended for the "bad guys"

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/news/cookie-law-faces-revamp-under-uk-data-reforms

Pho

Pho

Soldato
GDPR has little to do with cookie consent and the 4% thing is for data breaches not cookies. And the minister in charge of such things in the UK has recently announced that the UK may rescind the EU regulations around cookies because the pop-ups are annoying and pointless (which they are) and are really only intended for the "bad guys"

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/news/cookie-law-faces-revamp-under-uk-data-reforms

Yeah I know that's the max, I'm being facetious ;).

The problem is the law was implemented badly. It should've been generic browser settings that all sites can read and must adhere to, but which you could override for certain sites if you want to. No popups. I think the EU are looking at revisiting it to help fix this.

The UK are looking to remove it so the Government and their friends can cash in on all that data rather than because it's the right thing to do I'm sure.

Soldato
OP
Must be your connection then, loads super fast on mine.
Same. The old shop was always horrifically slow for me, no matter what device.
Both old and new store loaded super fast for me, never had an issue.

should be a filter to get rid of all the items that aren't in stock

This is one thing i really want on the new site! A certain retailer has this function and it comes in so handy not having to sift through all the out of stock items.

Soldato
Don't like how they only have an "Accept All" button for cookies? Where is the option to refuse or tailor your choices?

5CTgfeu.png

And the fact that you can't actually see any of the options for filtering stuff. I know my eyesight isn't the best, but come on. That is extracting the urine.

8HusVM2.png

Last edited:
Soldato
And the fact that you can't actually see any of the options for filtering stuff. I know my eyesight isn't the best, but come on. That is extracting the urine.
Mine has a white background and black writing, Do you have dark mode enabled on all site or something similar?

Soldato
OP
Mine has a white background and black writing, Do you have dark mode enabled on all site or something similar?
Looks like its a dark grey background with white overlay, im viewing it on my phone. It looks weird and out of place, like sudden blocks of colour and a lot of empty space.

Soldato
If this is a new website then get your money back. This is a massive downgrade. It looks like a woo commerce WordPress website. It's awful.

The other one was stylish and hi tech looking. This is Garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom