Overclockers UK - the past, present and future

Soldato
I wonder if the name will change. Especially since overclocking is largely redundant in this day and age, to all except the most hardcore geeks.

Basically it's only important to hardcore gamers. Not like the old days where it benefited even casual PC users.

Soldato
I'd have thought overclocking would exist as long as different speed processors were sold. No point buying the more expensive cpu if you can easily clock yours to the same speed for less money.

Soldato
I'd have thought overclocking would exist as long as different speed processors were sold. No point buying the more expensive cpu if you can easily clock yours to the same speed for less money.

Most non-gamers will be happy with performance 'out of the box' these days.

Not like the days of the P66/P90's etc :D

Soldato
Holy Christwagons!

Stefan, or should I say Schlong Dyson, you have come a long long way since you had to sell your shop!:eek:

I was a tad worried until I saw that you were involved :D

Soldato
God has it been that long? I was around these forums before the big cull lol

I found OCUK after buying a pc magazine. One that I thought was a bit better than the average gaming rag and it was called PCAnswers! I could tell this mag was a bit different as they bigged up OCUK a lot and rated them very highly for service. This was back in the day of the SlotA athlons which were the big thing! Anyone remember the GW802 and the Taisol SocketA heatsink? Everyone seemed to have the GW802 case, ocuk started selling pre-modded panels and then struck a deal to get black cases made up! I still have my ocuk burgers and 802's aswell :D

Ive used ocuk nearly 99% since the day I bought that pc mag! I have to say thanx guys :) I hope this does not mean the end of overclockers. Its sad but free shipping did influence my purchases in the last few years, but it ment my business always went to ocuk and nobody else! If it does go then what can you do but please keep up the edge! a lot of competitors dont feel the same. Hey Spie, I guess your off to get a sun tan on yer yacht or something? able to take stowaways lol! Good luck m8 with whatever you decide to do next :D

Soldato
I wouldn't bother then, hate to think your lasting impression of Britain is that tasteless rubbish.

I wouldn't worry too about lasting images, he happily survived a drinking session in Birmingham and is still smiling despite some rather more tasteless shenanigans going on :p

Congrats Mark on the sale, and good luck to Toni, Kay,Stefan and all the Overclockers staff for the future :)

Permabanned
Please tell me you're joking.

If he isn't then:

1718974-facepalm_epic.jpg

Associate
Would he have known we don't have PM's? :o Bloody Germans, trolling me.

:D

Holy Christwagons!

Stefan, or should I say Schlong Dyson, you have come a long long way since you had to sell your shop!:eek:

I was a tad worried until I saw that you were involved :D

Damn ... somebody still remembers that awful name i got in Brum. Who is it ? Check Pugs Garage for contact or wait ... contact at modmymachine and so on ... use that adress too aedus

Associate
Congratulations, I'm really looking forward to what the future will bring for OcUK. Have always bought my PC hardware from here since I started building, while prices were not always spot on the great customer service more than made up for the extra I paid. Since our new PC overlords are German can I start speaking in German on the forums?

Back
Top Bottom